Consistency across rifle platforms

LongWalker

Over the last few years I've narrowed down the number of brands and patterns/platforms I have from handguns to shotguns and rifles. I'm not a huge prepper type but if there ever is a SHTF scenario parts, cartridges, familiarity, etc between guns would be pretty consistent.

Currently my hunting and target rifles are all is similar style stocks. I'm thinking of dropping one of my target actions in a chassis to see if the more precise adjustments in a chassis might get me more dialed in.

I'm not worried about learning something a little different equipment wise but in a quick opportunity shooting situation where it's almost all muscle memory would I be better served with a consistent grip and feel.

As usual I'm probably over thinking this so some sage advice is most appreciated.

I am a manners McMillan type and I have tried a bunch of chassis out over the years. MPA and KRG and the AIAX especially post 14 are all great. But to date my favorite chassis by far is the ashbury Sabre folder. I do think they have their place for all the adjustability but I still go back every time to standard stock primarily manners folders cause I like to leave can on my guns and that is only way they will fit in drag bag. There are a lot of options but that ashbury took me about 3 good range trips on 1k steel range to get dialed in, now I can close my eyes get behind it and settle in and not move in thing and be right on target. They a little on the chubby side though! Everything on stocks adjusts and is tool less.
15011BF8-FC44-4EA4-8DF1-34688FFCB25F.jpeg
41D98F21-BAF3-4A13-BE51-1A4D2B5D0E61.jpeg
C9FFCB95-7EB5-4099-8E45-8F77CA3A0006.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.