Considering 3 Brands-Models of Muzzle Brakes- Any Opinions?

How much milling is required to attach the Erik Cortina EC Tuner/Brake.. ??? Several months ago I saw a video where it required a LOT of milling. I heard his new ones do not require it but Im not positive?
Zero milling. I unscrewed my previous brake, screwed on the EC Tuner/brake and tuned my rifle by rotating the tuner... that was it. Its self timing too, so no crush washer, no non sense, just put it on and tune.

I use 3 brakes for the most part, all of them on Bench rest rifles as well. For the 2000 yard rifles I will use the Terminator or MBM brakes. Both of those brakes have been on some very good shooting rifles. The installation is what will guarantee the accuracy. You want them fitted and bored concentric to the bore in a lathe. Both are equally effective in recoil reduction, I have not found better. The Terminator is easily the lighted steel brake on the market for the port volume. But it has no down force. If the rifle is heavy I will use the terminator, if its lighter and muzzle jump will be an issue I use the beast.

That's weird that Idaho has a weight limit- ***? Can carry man guns there? Lol
In the late 80's to early 90's there reports of Elk kills in excess of 2500 yards that were shot with various .50 BMG chambered rifles where the animals were just left there. The rifle weight limit is probably an effort to stop that practice. The few .50's (all bolt actions) that I've been around exceeded that limit by a large margin.

I've heard good words on the Terminator - and that's from serious professionals that have tried many. Brian at Shootlong.com carries them.

Have you looked at the Painkiller? I've got one of them on an 7 Allen Mag and it is absolutely incredible. Light rifle, but kicks less than a braked Creedmoor. Brakes are funny things. What works good on one case size might not be the best fit on another. Muzzle pressure makes a big difference.
+1 on the Painkiller have one on my 338 Allen Xpress.

I have only one that I use on a 338WM Ruger Mk 11. it's build by Accurate Arms in Missoula. it made the rifle from a shoulder kicker to a little poppy dog. I am have a second rifle being built by him with the same type of muzzle brake on it. I having a third rifle being build that will allow for a brake or suppressor. Just who has the best brake I don't really don't know. The Ruger brake works like the smith said and I am able to keep scope sight picture, and used it several times when taking animals.

These guys make some good breaks and are very good to deal with. They also make alot of other things including tunner for F class rifle

I have a T3 Terminator on a 300WM and a T4 on a 338LM,excellent at reducing recoil
I have a .338 Lapua Magnum, Savage BA-110 LE , 17 lbs. I plan to use it mainly for long range targets, and long range hunting, all from a fixed, set
position, so weight is not a big deal. I am more concerned with Recoil reduction and accuracy and achieving a balance or the optimum best of both worlds for those two criteria, though I think I understand there is possibly some trade-off or conflict in the two depending on HOW recoil is reduced in a specific muzzle brake. I have read that accuracy is improved when there is a more balanced approach to have gas ports on the bottom and the top, regardless of the potential for dust signature, or flying debris. This is from actual testing of MOA vs. port design.

Here are the three my search has turned up that seem promising:

1) American Precision Arms - Fat Bastard, Generation 3 with tunable top and bottom gas ports.
Is the tunable part of this more hype than actual help? Does it just add another dimension of uncertainty or can it be deciphered--does it work?

2) Terminator T-4 (now available in the U.S. market)

3) Precision Armament - Hypertap or M11- Severe Duty

I'm more concerned with achieving accuracy and reducing recoil than the cost difference between all these choices, unless I can just get the same or very close to the same result from one of these and save several hundred dollars vs. other choices. But how would you rank the very best technical solution out of these three? Then what about the Bang for your buck choice?

I plan to integrate a barrel tuner in with this new brake. I have not yet decided which one. I am still looking at the EC Tuner, the ATS, The Ezell PDT,
and Harrell's, but using one of these brakes, because I think these brakes are better than the integrated tuner brake products offered for the
.338 LM rifle. Ie, I might just go with an integrated product if this was for a 6.5 Creedmoor or 7 mm mag. or something, but I want something a little better for the .338 LM and a tuner too.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, ideas, questions, and your experience most of all.
Ive have these ..a T5 & T6 & T4+ and 3 EC Tuner Brakes...Those being a two 6.5mm, and two now 308 Cal..They were a 6.5mm but I bored them out to fit my 300 PRC & 30 Sherman Magnum..I had these prior to Erik making 30 caliber ones,He would bore them out if ya sent iot back.I opted to do it myself.They work great. Im thinking about getting one of Erik EC Benchrest Tuner Brakes.Im fighting horminics on my 33XC .I had to take the T4 off and on so many times that it got out oftimeand now my groupos are not as good as Id like.Ive triedit all.Tuning the action bolts,Seating Depth,Primer depth,Powder changes,Bullet changes.,Different Powders.Im almost there but I want it better.Ive beemn able to acheive it with other rifles & calibers butthis is getting to me..LOL
Im nowconsidering

Im nowconsidering
After all my research what evolved on this thread was 2 brakes. Terminator from New Zealand and Muzzle Brakes and More, made in US and a sponsor here on LRH.

I now own 3 brakes from MBM.

Go to MBM website and view the test sled videos of MBM brakes against all the other brands including Terminator. Its the only one that comes close.

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR TESTING HEADS UP AND THE TEST SLED VIDEOS TELL ALL .

After all my research what evolved on this thread was 2 brakes. Terminator from New Zealand and Muzzle Brakes and More, made in US and a sponsor here on LRH.

Go to MBM website and view the test sled videos of MBM brakes against all the other brands including Terminator. Its the only one that comes close.

Purchasing a made-in-the-US product and supporting small businesses/site sponsors like Nathan's is good for all of us.

I have both and they work great !
Big boomer ....T-4 if weight dont bother you and lately I been all over the Ti-Pro 3 and just Love it ! I just picked up the larger Ti to test cant remember the name of it ...
Guess I'm having a Senior moment ! Ha ha
Ti-Pro Heavy !

Rum Man

Purchasing a made-in-the-US product and supporting small businesses/site sponsors like Nathan's is good for all of us.

This ^^^^
I build custom rifles for a living. I've installed them ALL. Customers surf the net and think they have to have this or that because they saw it on the net. Look at the videos from MBM and you will have your answer as to what is best. It's not rocket science - watch the videos. They are short and to the point. He tests all brands and on different rifles and cartridges as well as giving speeds for comparison. Some of those other brakes are over $200 and they may be equal but they are not better.

I have both and they work great !
Big boomer ....T-4 if weight dont bother you and lately I been all over the Ti-Pro 3 and just Love it ! I just picked up the larger Ti to test cant remember the name of it ...
Guess I'm having a Senior moment ! Ha ha
Ti-Pro Heavy !

Rum Man
Eager for comparison on pro 3 vs heavy!

Those 2 videos are what soldme onmy Terminator 5 & Terminator 4+. I did order anothe EC Tuner Brake for my 33XC to try pout.