composite stocks

col48

Hi all
is there any other good companies out there that are making good composite stocks.
I am thinking of starting a new project and my last couple have been with MC Milan stocks.
I have been less than impressed with MC Milan's quality of finish,there custom inletting is crap and there delivery times are WELL I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT COMES.(I ordered it at the beginning of Jan,and was told 8 weeks,every time i call them from the UK the delivery date goes up a month.)
not what i expect from a £350 = $630 stock (this price is after import and shipping)
So if there is anyone out there with some help or a link for me to take a look at
thanks
Colin

I would be interested in an alternative as well.

Not that I've got any gripe on quality etc., but I ordered in Feb and haven't been informed that my stock has been shipped yet.

I'm not lilely to have had alternatives though - the stock is for a M995 TRG.

I'm in South Africa so I figure maybe the non-domestic orders are on a slightly different schedule, which I suppose is (partly) understandable.

Wim

I was also going to suggest Robertsons Composite in Canada. They do quite a bit of overseas business and their products are very well received in the Canadian match shooting circuits.

Right now the Cdn dollar is very strong so the 'price' might be more then a USD stock but you can always talk to Ian about that.

Jerry

tanks for the link you 2
i have 2 of them all ready
but i did not have the link for the stocks
thanks again,and who else is there
Colin

Ever consider a quailty laminated stock? Got a guy that make awsome LAMINATED A-5 stocks for under 300 bucks US. And if he won't ship out side the US, buy it, ship it to me and I will send it to you.

doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am still waiting on my stock. I ordered it 14 weeks ago and McMillan told me it would take 10 to 12 weeks for delivery. Well guess what, it's still not here. I wish I knew how to build stocks, because I would open up a buisness. I don't think anybody really challanges them except for H&S Precision, and I don't think their stocks (H&S) are nearly the quality of McMillan. So I guess the wait is worth it, I just wish when they say 10 to 12 weeks, it comes in that time frame.

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Culbertson at <a href="www.lonewolfriflestocks.com/" target="_blank">Lone Wolf</a> just did a stock for an old Sako L579, I could not be happier.

hi m8 i tried the link but it doesn't seem to work
thanks
Colin

Good luck,

Shu

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ever consider a quailty laminated stock? Got a guy that make awsome LAMINATED A-5 stocks for under 300 bucks US. And if he won't ship out side the US, buy it, ship it to me and I will send it to you.

doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi m8
i have never considered a laminated stock.
but i am open to anything,as weight is not an issue for this project i would like a look at one if you have any pics
THANKS FOR THE VERY KIND OFFER OF GOING TO THE TROUBLE OF SHIPPING THE STOCK FOR ME.I MAY TAKE YOU UP ON THIS AT SOME TIME.(I WILL PAY YOU FOR THE TROUBLE,AS I DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING FOR FREE)

Thanks again
Colin
and if there is anything we have in the UK let me know and i will see if i can help.

[ QUOTE ]
I am still waiting on my stock. I ordered it 14 weeks ago and McMillan told me it would take 10 to 12 weeks for delivery. Well guess what, it's still not here. I wish I knew how to build stocks, because I would open up a buisness. I don't think anybody really challanges them except for H&S Precision, and I don't think their stocks (H&S) are nearly the quality of McMillan. So I guess the wait is worth it, I just wish when they say 10 to 12 weeks, it comes in that time frame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get sick of being told that something is going to take x amount of time,when in reality they are never going to Honor there time of delivery.mine has doubled,witch i think is totally unacceptabl.

personally i think MC Milan is trading on there past reputation.its just a shame i can not find anyone that can have my cash instead.
thanks
Colin

Col,
Isn't MC Milan an Italian football Team!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif oh, that should be FC!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian.

PS. Look forward to meeting you at Geoff's shoot.

[ QUOTE ]
Col,
Isn't MC Milan an Italian football
Team!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<font color="red"> </font> they certainly must be doing something else as they don't make stocks on time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif oh, that should be FC!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian.

PS. Look forward to meeting you at Geoff's shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> </font> yes i will come and show you all how to do it THE wrong way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Col,

I'm the guy that makes the laminated A-5L stocks. The info from dlebeck was correct, but I'll elaborate a bit. $265.00 and three weeks gets you an A-5 style laminated stock. We call it an A-5L. Exact dupe of the McMillan, and in your choice of color. Inletted with bbl contour, can also install a Decellerator pad to your length of pull for an additional $75.00.
If you're building a gun on a larger custom action, we offer our A-5CT. this stock is exactly the same in the forend and from the pistol grip back, but it is taller and wider in the action area.

You can e-mail me at jkrussos@comcastdotnet replace the dot with a . and I'll send you some pics.
If you look under equipment reviews on this forum you'll see a thread on Joel Russo stock, there are a few pics of ceg1963's, stock that is one of mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.