Colorado State Bans Presidential Canidate from 2024

This is going to force the hand of SCOTUS. I can see SCOTUS saying Trump didn't incite an insurrection, so thus CO can't remove him from the ticket on that basis. Such a ruling will upend all these lawsuits against Trump…..so CO Supreme Court ruling will have the net effect of exonerating Trump 👍
That's not how it'd go. There was no trial court and no fact finding in this. Which is why it'll get overturned. The SCOTUS will likely say something to the effect of you can't punish someone who has not been convicted of a crime.
This won't effect the other trials ongoing. IF at some point Trump was found guilty of insurrection, then, very likely all the states, or most of them, would act in the manner CO did. Even if it was true, they'd still have to charge him and find him guilty before the election. Something that would be completely impossible.

I believe the Colorado Supreme Court ruling will be overturned, but we'll have to see. Kind of hard to imagine they could convict him of insurrection with zero due process.

That said...

I voted for the guy twice, but would be hard pressed to do so again unless there truly is no other candidate besides Sleepy Joe.

People seem to forget that he was a lifelong Democrat until the DAY he announced his run for the Presidency.

THINK about that!

He was among the Clintons close friends!

I very strongly believe that his candidacy was initially just about screwing up the 2016 Republican race and handing the victory to his good friend, but then he won (to EVERYONE's surprise) and his ego shot straight to the moon.

He DID do some good when he was in office, but the long lasting damage that he has done to both the Republican Party AND this great Nation cannot be ignored.

What we need is a strong LEADER to run this Country. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to currently be any such animal in either Party.

Even though I despise the Democrats, I do agree with a previous post that at least they DO stuff when they get into power. The Republicans had 8 years of bitching about Obamacare, but then when they controlled the whole thing they DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!

Rant over.
Carry on...

My son in law's 2nd cousin best friend's ex wife lives in DC and does not believe your nephews best friend.
Fair enough. I hate that crap too. But I did speak with him at length about it in person a few months later at my nephews wedding. He's a good dude and a lifelong Republican. Not sure he still is now.

We always wanted and to move out to MT, WY, ID, SD, or Colorado for the beautiful land and hunting & fishing.

Colorado State Supreme Court Bans Presidential Canidate from the 2024 ballot because high poll numbers over current President.
What the Heck is wrong with the officials running that State to take away the Right to Vote for a candidate from the Colorado people???
Colorado is off the list for anything.
Same officials that just released wolves????

We were just thinking that CO is a nice State for the Land, Hunting, and Fishing. Didn't realize how the State was run. I just saw that the officials are against Firearms also.
Off our list to move to.
My 10 year old was conceived in Co while elk hunting with my wife. Well not while we were actually hunting. His nickname has been Colorado now I gotta change it

I believe the Colorado Supreme Court ruling will be overturned, but we'll have to see. Kind of hard to imagine they could convict him of insurrection with zero due process.

That said...

I voted for the guy twice, but would be hard pressed to do so again unless there truly is no other candidate besides Sleepy Joe.

People seem to forget that he was a lifelong Democrat until the DAY he announced his run for the Presidency.

THINK about that!

I very strongly believe that his candidacy was initially just about screwing up the 2016 Republican race and handing the victory to his good friend, but then he won (to EVERYONE's surprise) and his ego shot straight to the moon.

He DID do some good when he was in office, but the long lasting damage that he has done to both the Republican Party AND this great Nation cannot be ignored.

What we need is a strong LEADER to run this Country. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to currently be any such animal in either Party.

Even though I despise the Democrats, I do agree with a previous post that at least they DO stuff when they get into power. The Republicans had 8 years of bitching about Obamacare, but then when they controlled the whole thing they DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!

Rant over.
Carry on...
I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said. Trump is first and foremost a conman. He has been his entire life. When he rode down that golden escalator, that was the beginning of the greatest con of his life. A trust-fund backed New Yorker whose only successful business venture was a faux reality show filmed in LA, convincing blue collar America that he cares about them, and taking their money. You couldn't write a better script. And at this point, he's in so far over his head and in deep legal trouble, and he is absolutely willing to burn the house down to save himself. And the folks that bought into it are so invested that they cannot fathom ever admitting it to themselves.

I'm a "fairly conservative" without a party anymore. For me, I don't despise anybody. Unless they're trying to overthrow this Democracy and install an Authoritarian leader. That will quickly get you on the wrong end of my barrel. Other than that, I can have plenty of disagreements about darn near everything and shake hands at the end. It's called Civics and the practice of civility. In my opinion, it is necessary for a functioning Democracy and not too difficult for emotionally and psychologically mature people. And THAT is where we're failing in this country....

That said...

THINK about that!

Rant over.
Carry on...
Vivek has some pretty based economic and small government conservative values.
RFK Jr. reminds me a lot of the principals his father and uncle stood for. Most of which are just basic American values that cross the divide.

I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said. Trump is first and foremost a conman. He has been his entire life. When he rode down that golden escalator, that was the beginning of the greatest con of his life. A trust-fund backed New Yorker whose only successful business venture was a faux reality show filmed in LA, convincing blue collar America that he cares about them, and taking their money. You couldn't write a better script. And at this point, he's in so far over his head and in deep legal trouble, and he is absolutely willing to burn the house down to save himself. And the folks that bought into it are so invested that they cannot fathom ever admitting it to themselves.

I'm a "fairly conservative" without a party anymore. For me, I don't despise anybody. Unless they're trying to overthrow this Democracy and install an Authoritarian leader. That will quickly get you on the wrong end of my barrel. Other than that, I can have plenty of disagreements about darn near everything and shake hands at the end. It's called Civics and the practice of civility. In my opinion, it is necessary for a functioning Democracy and not too difficult for emotionally and psychologically mature people. And THAT is where we're failing in this country....
Democracy????????

I probably shouldn't have used "despised" but "strongly dislike" is very close. All the bs they've been pushing these last several years means I WILL NOT be supporting and candidate with a 'D' behind their name.

I have always enjoyed spirited conversation from both sides (I have always been solidly Centrist) but anymore neither side is capable.
If you don't agree with their point of view, they want to burn you at the stake.

My 10 year old was conceived in Co while elk hunting with my wife. Well not while we were actually hunting. His nickname has been Colorado now I gotta change it
Dir Sir and my friend
Jill still can't get over your Avatar like we told you when you posted it. We LOVED it!
Still wants a HUNT in your area!

You could always change your son's nickname to "Cougar" bet he would love that and absolutely fitting!
As far as the Wolves released. I saw the videos of the Liberals standing behind plywood barriers when they were released. I am sure that a real WOLF would never like the taste of a liberal.

We have mixed feeling's. If the Wolves were there 100s years ago why can't they be there now? I know that Elk were there also the only thing that was not there was people and cattle.
Nature has a BALANCE and when MAN intervenes the whole system gets screwed up.. Is the population of WOLVES going to kill off the ELK population?

Are the Cattle Ranchers going to lose a % of their livestock and how many and for how long???
Don't Ranchers get compensated for Wolf Kills? Buy US Tax payers?

**** If I was a Rancher I would Kill every Wolf on my property.
If anything Like the Yotes here - I can't shoot enough of them.

We - Jill and I do not know any of this.

However, I did start this POST with a mention of the Presidential Race (Right To Vote) and parts of this GREAT Nation where Jill and I would like to move to. Our subject somehow came up with the Wolves and Firearms.
Some of the member's comments brought to light of the misgivings of the State of CO.
We will never consider moving to CO or visiting there due to current environment. I thought and still think that CO is a very BEAUTIFUL State with some of the BEST Wildlife in the World!
Maybe some CO person could send me some Maragunia for my Neck Pain?

I spent some time with wild/captured wolves (several weeks, they will eat you unless they get to know you). The Grey in pic 038 stood over me when she put her paws on my shoulders (about 7').
I think that they should never be and can't be domesticated.

Our "DOGS" came from wolves between 14,000 90% -10% Wolf/Dog (all dogs came from wolves) ) There is no distinction.
A Wolf is a Wolf!

I just hope that here is a balance for Wolves and NATURAL WILDLIFE and the Ranchers!

I do not think that anyone on this Forum would like to see Wolves disappear and be extinct.
Heck Y'All talk about hunting them all the time. What if they were GONE????

Well my comment for the night!

God Bless the USA
Merry Christmas and a Healthy Prosperous New Year!
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Lenny and Wolves.JPG
    Lenny and Wolves.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 30
I'm not sure what you think that shows. My nephews best friend is on DC Police. I'll believe his account of the day.
I was on my way to DC that day. I was working in Ellicott City. I found it quite odd how the local radio channels said the streets were closed to DC, before any of the so called INSURRECTION took place. So I came home across PA/MD border. And watched numerous live footage videos. Which are surprisingly unavailable these days. I would guess due to the BS arrests that were made. I wonder why the photographer from National Geographics didn't face any charges ? He was there at the so called shooting of Abbitt. It's on video. The sad part is a lot of the people took the bait to enter the Capitol. (Antifa, Feds, etc) It was all peaceful, till the protesters got fired upon. And just why did the police open the doors to let them in ? Because you either need a key to enter from outside or opened from the inside. And there were numerous videos of all this going down. Good luck finding much these days. Yeah just keep your eyes closed to what went on. And what is going on.

That said...

THINK about that!

Rant over.
Carry on...
Deleted comment
LkeAF brought up some good points that I was going to state. I believe everyone is being played. It's always about the distractions. I am confused why LkeAF only sees Trump as the bad guy ? Do you not see the lifelong politicians & the ones behind the scenes such as Kissinger, Soros, etc ? They played this game way before Trump got involved.

Last edited: