Weapons bans

Surveyor

I don't want to rehash the Zumbo topic, but for those that had serious issues with it, its time to put your effort where your mouth is:

Currently, Illinois state assault weapons ban is going to the floor. Here is the Illinois gun owners link for more info:

http://isra.org/

Maryland has an assault weapons ban on the floor:
http://mlis.state.md.us/2007rs/billfile/SB0043.htm

Also in the works is a 50 cal ban in New Jersey.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2004/Bills/S2500/2261_I1.HTM

This one wants to whittle away at gun ownership, and I fear that once one state goes, so may more. The verbage considers it a destructive device, but provisions are made for military and law enforcement exceptions. Eventually, I'm sure exceptions will be made for .338 and .300WM when they want those to go to......

So, how strongly do you feel?

Thanks for the alert, we are busy fighting this one here in Illinois! Give them an inch, they'll take a mile! Even if this bill doesn't apply to any guns you own now, you better fight it. If they win this, they'll be back for more......

I don't know how your general party make up is in Illinois, but I thought it was nice that the original Bill was sent to the Senate committee on public health for approval through them, thereby side stepping a floor fight. Of course, that committee is made up of 75% democrats. Luckily, they knew how hot the potato is and bounced it back to the floor.

I'm in North carolina, so the peripheral effects are what concern me the most.

Fight it tooth & nail!

Good luck.

In a nutshell, the prominant writer and big game hunter defamed AR type weapons, and indirectly, those that use them, even predator hunters that rely on them to get follow up shots. He also had some not so nice things to say about LRH.

He basically lost his whole enterprise (sponsors, TV show, everything) because of it.

Lot of people, including those that don't own AR type, or assault weapons wanted his butt in a sling for basically fragmenting gun ownership.

Sure, he cut his own throat.

But its easy to complain about his ineptitude, compared to getting involved in our own gun rights.

Complain about Zumbo for stepping in it, but not getting involved in defeating HR 1022 or the assorted state bans seems a little hypocritical to me.

Kind readers, I'm not pointing at anyone here in particular, I've made posts like this in another forum. Its just that I saw a lot of ire floating about Zumbo, now you have a more dangerous adversary to focus on. Just hoping you take the opportunity to get involved now, while you can.

Happy to help any way I can.

They have tried this many times before but always tried to include ALL semi-autos including shotguns. Previously even .50 cal muzzleloaders would be banned! This time they are trying to water it down and fragment the resistance to get a foot hold. We are fighting everyway we can. However, we have agruably the most corrupt state government in the union, so anything is possible to get past. Look at how many of the sponsors are from Chicago Land! We are becoming the "State of Chicago."

7mm

I missed the live feed on today's senate activity, so I don't know what happened on the 2nd reading of the bill.

I made a donation to the Illinois State Rifle Association's legal fund this morning, that's all I can think of to help you guys there.

Here's ISRA's donation link if anyone else is interested.
https://secure.cnchost.com/isra.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=40

Wish I could do more.

Jeff

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifThere is a synopsis of bills on the ISRA website. The IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day) is this week. I'll be attending for the 3rd time, I hope some of you will join me there. Start calling this afternoon on the bills, BE POLITE, but please call. They're putting on a full court press, so speak up now, or prepare to surrender your arms. BTW, the is NO sunset on the ASW bill, you'd have 90 days to turn 'em in once passed.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Illinois Weapons bans

Its frustrating that the Senate hasn't updated their online schedule or journal of the 3/8 session in order to find out what the status of the Bill is.

I don't know what the schedule for re-reading the bills are, so I can't really tell you folks when its going to go to the floor again.

I wonder if there is some "cahootinizing" going on?

I hope the Igold convention has some booths with the phones on speed dial so all the attendees can make a call while they are there.

Re: Illinois Weapons bans

This whole thing has got me thourghly p----d off. we've gone through this every year since Gov. Daley and his puppet Balgo. has been in office, and we just went through another election and put him right back in for another term. ITS TIME PEOPLE START VOTING FOR THERE CONSTUTIONAL RIGHTS IN STEAD OF THERE WELL BEING. Rant Off

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts