Coax press

I think they are one of the best presses made, I tried for over a month to find one this winter and it wasn't to be. I love the forster dies also, only seater's I will use. I still intend to buy a co ax, but that will be next year now. Know several loaders that wouldn't part with their co ax for anything, it was one of the top presses when they tested a bunch some month's back. Fariss, I think you made a good choice myself.

I think they are one of the best presses made, I tried for over a month to find one this winter and it wasn't to be. I love the forster dies also, only seater's I will use. I still intend to buy a co ax, but that will be next year now. Know several loaders that wouldn't part with their co ax for anything, it was one of the top presses when they tested a bunch some month's back. Fariss, I think you made a good choice myself.

Try calling Todd Kindler, at the Woodchuck Den. He might have a Co-Ax press you could purchase.

Try calling Todd Kindler, at the Woodchuck Den. He might have a Co-Ax press you could purchase.
Thank you for the tip but I bought another make press and will need to build back up dollarwise with that and my barrel order to see my way clear. I figure next fall will work hopefully, I never quit wanting one for the bench. It would give me enough time to compare against the one I bought, and see the difference. Thanks anyway Dave

"marchboom, post: 1848318, member: 10562"]
Best press I've ever owned. Wish I would have bought it decades ago. One has to use the features this press has to offer to appreciate it. Just the ease of changing dies is worth the extra cost.

Is a "Coax" press a brand name, or a type of press?
Do they require a whole new set of dies? (I see Forster mentioned.)
I'm still using the RCBS press I bought in 1980, and wondering if I need to update, but hate to not be able to use the new RCBS Gold Medal dies I recently purchased.

At most it will take some forster lock rings available thru midway, natchez, or maybe Graf. They are not expensive at all, any die will work but some lock rings won't, some do. Forster Co Axial press would be proper name but all seem to know it as the co ax. It would be a good choice for you and would be considered an upgrade, they float the dies and align better with the case when loading. Good for decreasing runout in loaded cartridges. The only downside IMHO is they can be hard to find for sale at times due to popularity and apparently limited production runs, and they will usually cost $320-350 new. They seem to last a lifetime however, I studied them at length this winter and still fully intend to buy one, found nothing to not like about them. They also have a devoted following, an indicator of a good successful design. Cheer's Dave

Last edited:
"marchboom, post: 1848318, member: 10562"]
Best press I've ever owned. Wish I would have bought it decades ago. One has to use the features this press has to offer to appreciate it. Just the ease of changing dies is worth the extra cost.

Is a "Coax" press a brand name, or a type of press?
Do they require a whole new set of dies? (I see Forster mentioned.)
I'm still using the RCBS press I bought in 1980, and wondering if I need to update, but hate to not be able to use the new RCBS Gold Medal dies I recently purchased.

Those dies should work just fine in the Co-Ax press. I have used both Forster and Redding dies in mine, and they work equally well. You may need to do something with the lock rings, like somebody else suggested here, but the dies themselves should be compatible.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.