Coax press

Fariss

What are your thoughts on this press. I ordered one for the new rifles coming then found out i cant use it on one. Still got plenty i can use it on tho.

I bough One to try and improve mu load concentricity and am very happy with it, but I found that the really big cases give it trouble so I use it on cases with less that 70 grain capacity for best results.

It is a good press but don't sell your old one.

J E CUSTOM

Why can't you use?......also, when working w/ the larger cases, you can buy the extended cams, which should provide some relief when working with longer cases.

I love my coax......much more efficient than most presses.

I sure do like my Co-ax. It's the usual press for most everything.

It wont pull bullets with a collet type puller though. There's still another single stage press on my bench for a few jobs.

I bough One to try and improve mu load concentricity and am very happy with it, but I found that the really big cases give it trouble so I use it on cases with less that 70 grain capacity for best results.

It is a good press but don't sell your old one.

J E CUSTOM
I use mine for Weatherby cases in 257/7mm as well as the larger 300/340 and have never had an issue with it.
I have a single stage for the rare time I need to pull a bullet but also for using the Willis Collet die. Those are the only two things I use it for.

What are your thoughts on this press. I ordered one for the new rifles coming then found out i cant use it on one. Still got plenty i can use it on tho.
What cartridge can't you load? I load as big as 416 Rigby 4.195" COAL 107 grains of powder under a cutting edge 375 grain bullet in my Forster coax.

Why can't you use?......also, when working w/ the larger cases, you can buy the extended cams, which should provide some relief when working with longer cases.

I love my coax......much more efficient than most presses.

I noticed that the big cases didn't size as well in the forester and that the Rockchucker supreme seemed to do a better job. I never though about improving the Coax. I find that the coax does a great job on the smaller cartridges with case volumes of 70 grains or less of loading concentric ammo, so I use both presses.

J E CUSTOM

Digging it as in "looks cool online", or "I'm using both presses side by side in objective, comparative analysis and I really dig the features over the Co-Ax...."? Or digging it as in you can find it?

Best press I've ever owned. Wish I would have bought it decades ago. One has to use the features this press has to offer to appreciate it. Just the ease of changing dies is worth the extra cost.

Love my Coax Press. The handle in the exact center of the press enables me to make resizing a breeze due to its exerting pressure directly over the case mouth vice a right of left hand version. This is great for me in my late 70's since I no longer have the hand and arm strength of yesteryears.

I have had one for about thirty years, and I really like it. It was given to me by an old friend, as a gift to thank me for doing him a favor. The only other press I've ever used was a Rockchucker, and I really can't compare the two. When I was using the Rockchucker, my cousin and I were just get starting in loading our own ammunition, and we weren't measuring all the things that people seem to prefer the Coax for. Since I started measuring these things, I don't know if the press is the reason for my good results, or if it's more a matter of having gained more experience and knowledge, and developing techniques that help me load straighter ammo. Good dies make a huge difference, as well, and I think that these things are all equally important. Forster's dies are VERY good, but I'm just as pleased with Redding dies.

Seen a few problems online. Not fl sizing enough, pushing the shoulder back, to allow brass to chamber. Long head to datum measurement.

But may be an operator error thing? I dont own one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.