Forster coax press...should I buy one?

Well wish I would've found this thread before I ordered joshs increased linkage to fix the issue with the 1st gen inline fab not having a stop. I also have the manz gear plate and the new Jaws stopper doesn't hit. Has there been a fix for this?

Well wish I would've found this thread before I ordered joshs increased linkage to fix the issue with the 1st gen inline fab not having a stop. I also have the manz gear plate and the new Jaws stopper doesn't hit. Has there been a fix for this?
I just found this thread. I have an old Bonanza Forster Coax press from the 90s. Love the press. More recently I purchased the Inline Fab stand and Gen 1 links for better access but found the stopping point was not on the linkage but top of screws on the shell plate holder. Lost the cam over effect. Discussed this with Dan and he stated that was the stops for those easy access links. I always like the cam over effect but decided to deal with it. Very shortly after that Dan came out with the pointed pyramid in the center of the curved links which made contact with the stop points on the Coax frame. I was a little disappointed I had bought the Gen 1 and now he had a fix for the problem he was aware of. Called Dan again and he agreed to send me a new Gen II set for no charge. I had bought several $$ worth of Inline Fab wall mounting system. Have to say Dan is a great guy. And tries to please his customer base. Anyway, the new set of links work great with the cam over effect I was used to with the Coax press and no longer any conflict with screw heads. Then I bought Mansgear's improved jaws and they have worked fine. Probably an 1/8" clearance at full handle stroke above screw heads on new shell plate. I like the extra clearance and function of the two improvements from separate sources. The other open style links from Josh look nice. Maybe the stop problem will be solved by someone. A couple of solutions are already there for a makeshift fix.
I had purchased a Rockchucker press initially, used for about 10 years and was told about the Coax press and bought it. The Coax is a marvelous idea and still super functional today, many years later. I believe the designer had a little help from the man upstairs in developing it. You won't go wrong with a Forster press, if you can even find one. I love the reloading sport and am amazed at the new stuff that comes out almost every week. Great country, if we can keep it.

They are Great Presses! But I went with a MEC Press on top of an Inline Fabrication Tall Mount and a RCBS Table Top Priming System. Everything Works Great!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.