CM vs PRC

Huh....... you don't say, You'll be the 8th person on this site that I've made this offer to, Load your Needmoor up and head this way, I have access to 1500 yards at this time, No Range Finders, No Kestrels, No Ballistic Apps of any kind, No Spotters, You call you own wind and range your own targets, I'll be shooting a 5R 308 with a Bushnell Forge ( Made in China ) scope, If it will make you feel better I'll switch to my SWFA 10X and then we will see what level your Needmoore is on and we will post the results here, Indianapolis is the nearest Airport and I can pick you up there

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183
Well, that's putting it out there.
If I ever get to the states I will hit you up for a lesson.
I got, no rangefinder, no Kestrel, no ballistic apps and no idea.

I can shoot ok in the field. I don't have long range experience. Ive always been into rifles and hoping to learn some long range skills moving forward.

Well, that's putting it out there.
If I ever get to the states I will hit you up for a lesson.
I got, no rangefinder, no Kestrel, no ballistic apps and no idea.

I can shoot ok in the field. I don't have long range experience. Ive always been into rifles and hoping to learn some long range skills moving forward.
I don't know about a lesson as I'm really not that great of a shot, I'm a 3/4 moa Shooter at my best, knowing the wind is the hardest part of it

Huh....... you don't say, You'll be the 8th person on this site that I've made this offer to, Load your Needmoor up and head this way, I have access to 1500 yards at this time, No Range Finders, No Kestrels, No Ballistic Apps of any kind, No Spotters, You call you own wind and range your own targets, I'll be shooting a 5R 308 with a Bushnell Forge ( Made in China ) scope, If it will make you feel better I'll switch to my SWFA 10X and then we will see what level your Needmoore is on and we will post the results here, Indianapolis is the nearest Airport and I can pick you up there

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183

Lee,
If you pay my flight there and back, I'll be more than happy to show up even if it's your home range and you shoot it often. I'll spare all the other items except range finder. Although it's not a fair strategy it will even the playing field some with home advantage. This is a guess but I'm thinking your at 5-600 ft elevation?

ok guys can we bring these velocity claims back to reality or get a real chrony
No problem on verification. Last night I loaded 5 each at the reduced charges of 57.2, 57.4, 57.6 gr of RL-26. This is under Berger 156 EOLs. After bad weather passes I'll be firing. Expecting 3025' -3100' at reduced charge that will be easier on brass & barrel. CBTO = 2.440, COAL = 3.13.
* The one I'm shooting is built on a Stiller XM action with 26" custom throated Bartlein barrel. * You cannot get this kind of efficiency with the long heavies out of a 6.5 PRC built on a short action. Even in Hornady commercial ammo a significant amount of bullet bearing surface is buried beneath case neck/shoulder junction.

Lee,
If you pay my flight there and back, I'll be more than happy to show up even if it's your home range and you shoot it often. I'll spare all the other items except range finder. Although it's not a fair strategy it will even the playing field some with home advantage. This is a guess but I'm thinking your at 5-600 ft elevation?
That's what I figured

Oh no I'm not mad, Like I said ,It's just like I figured, and by the way I have no gongs set up so you can set it where you want to

you figured that someone would spend $250-300 on plane tickets to come squash out a shooting match with a creedmoore? Even without a rangefinder?

what are you paying for?

i think i speak for everyone here when i say that the only real solution is build or buy a rifle in each flavor and determine what you like best. you can't ask questions like this on the internet because there's always a group of people that have to poo-poo on everything no matter what. plus, the solution is always more guns....no matter what feel-you-up-joe and his band of demoturds have to say.

To the OP sorry for hijacking your thread, as you can see I don't post much, don't have a lot of time to do so. Go with the creedmoore, great caliber!

To the OP sorry for hijacking your thread, as you can see I don't post much, don't have a lot of time to do so. Go with the creedmoore, great caliber!
I also apologize, And thee Needmoor is a fine round, but's it's no better than the trigger man, don't be a Grey man and join the masses just because, Build what suites best

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.