CM vs PRC

there's just not enough marketing around the 260 in my opinion. my smith has been trying to get me to build a 260 for years to replace my .308 that he built me. but i had never heard about it until i first met him. my local cabelas carried one load of nosler 260 ammo and it was $40+ a box. meanwhile, there's 10 different boxes of 6.5 creed in all sorts of loads and bullet weights with hunting loads starting at $16 a box (pre-pandemic and demoturd takeover of our government).
It's Remington's 244/6mm mistake all over again, except this time, the planning was good, but the marketing was blatantly lacking.

I realize that we've strayed from the original question, but I'm wondering what the PRC does that can't be accomplished [for practical purposes] by the 260AI or the 6.5x284. For that matter, within the first 600 yards, the 260 will do most anything the CM will do, or am I completely off base here?

Well the biggest reason for me was the rifle and barrel availability first and foremost. When I built mine in 2019 my options were a $670 6.5 PRC proof prefit or an $1100 custom chambered proof barrel. Additionally I was planning on my dad and brother also getting a rifle in the same cartridge but since they don't hand load the PRC checked all of the boxes. If I was only building a rifle for myself now I most likely would have went for the .264 Win Mag with a Carbon Six barrel

It's Remington's 244/6mm mistake all over again, except this time, the planning was good, but the marketing was blatantly lacking.

I'm not sure the planning on the .260 was good either since they hampered it with a 9 twist. Remington is very good at designing cartridges with an Achilles Heel and then leaving them to die in obscurity. At this point I'm pretty sure the .260 only survives on Creedmoor hate.

Just build, a 6.5 SLR and don't look back !
Lots of .260 brass, available,.. UNLIKE, the PRC
kisses the aszz of the PRC Velocity wise and shoots like, a VERY Hot, Creedmoor !
IF, Rem had put a 30* or 35* shoulder on, the .260 Rem and Marketed it,.. CORRECTLY !
Thered be, NO, creedmoor !