Closed

Korhil78

It will be a 6.5 Sherman. The last two pieces that I need will be here this coming week and then I will ship it all off to the gunsmith. I will be going with the no neck turn option.

1. Rem 700 BDL action that was a 25-06.

2. Hart #5 contour (fluted) and will finish at 26"

3. 3 port slabbed Muscle brake

4. Badger Ordinance 20 MOA picatinny rail

5. PTG recoil lug

6. Sako extractor kit

7. McMillan Gamewarden stock

I am going to shoot the 143 ELD-X out of it. I will keep everyone updated on the build process.

Re: New 6.5 Sherman build

Congratulations on your new build.

I hope to have my 6.5 SS back from Smith around mid July. I used "Bigngreen" from this site to do the build for me. Rhian probably knows more about the Sherman mags than any Smith out there. He was and is instrumental in the design of these wildcats.

Not sure he is taking orders but might be worth asking?

Ray

It will be a 6.5 Sherman. The last two pieces that I need will be here this coming week and then I will ship it all off to the gunsmith. I will be going with the no neck turn option.

1. Rem 700 BDL action that was a 25-06.

2. Hart #5 contour (fluted) and will finish at 26"

3. 3 port slabbed Muscle brake

4. Badger Ordinance 20 MOA picatinny rail

5. PTG recoil lug

6. Sako extractor kit

7. McMillan Gamewarden stock

I am going to shoot the 143 ELD-X out of it. I will keep everyone updated on the build process.

Can't wait to see that bad boy come together. Sounds like some good components....Rich

What smith are you using? I'm looking for a good proven smith for a 6.5SS build.

+1 on "Bign". He is getting quite popular so check on availability, as Ray mentioned. If he can't do it, I can recommend someone else......Rich

I am using BignGreen as well. Didn't want to throw his name out there as he does t really advertise but since his name is already there...no harm!! Haha. I have spoken with him over the phone and through emails. He is a very knowledgeable gunsmith and was just an all around nice guy to talk with about guns and hunting.

I am using BignGreen as well. Didn't want to throw his name out there as he does t really advertise but since his name is already there...no harm!! Haha. I have spoken with him over the phone and through emails. He is a very knowledgeable gunsmith and was just an all around nice guy to talk with about guns and hunting.

That's why he is the top builder of the Sherman designs! I don't just like someone who knows what they are doing, but someone who becomes part of the experience for each builder. Rhian can be trusted to do what he is supposed to do....Rich

Rhian (bign) and Rich (elko) are both FIRST CLASS guys and I couldn't be happier to have had the opportunity to work with each of them over the past few years.
My personal experience with Rhian and my last build was OUTSTANDING. The build took longer than expected, through no fault of his own, and he decided to throw in full Cerakoting at a highly discounted price to make up for it. And then, even though things required a bit more work than anticipated, he stood by his quote and provided EXCELLENT work!
I count myself lucky to have gotten to work with these gentlemen the past few years! So glad they're getting the recognition for what they contribute to the industry!

Enjoy your 6.5 Sherman! While I had mine, it was wonderful and shot better than me on most occasions!

Curious as to what the 6.5 Sherman performace will be like. Does it mirror a 264win but out of a 06 case?......Done my on searching an it seem to be a really awesome round with some great ballistics.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.