Closed

Re: New 6.5 Sherman build

Well after contemplating it for a bit, I am just going to stick with the 140 gr bergers. They are time tested and proven and I won't have to worry about if I have a tight barrel or not like I would with the eld-x.

A little update. Rhian sent me a pic of the rifle. Hasnt been cerakoted black yet but still looks REALLY NICE! Can't wait until I can shoot it!

image.jpg

Nice looking gun! Is that a McMillan A3 shorter? I just ordered one for my 6.5 Sherman build.

Well it is all finished and will be shipped back to me soon! The muzzle brake looks a little large but it is the one that I had and the one that I will be using. Besides...I think I kinda like it! The whole package looks awesome. Rhian did a really awesome job.

image.jpg

Wow, that is one sweet looking stick! Please post results after you ring it out. Very interested to see what load you end up with.

Ray

When I get everything set up, I will start a new thread with load development with the 143 gr eldx. I have H1000 and RL26 to work with. From what I have been reading, RL26 should really shine.

Looking forward to your load development and how your sizing and fireforming your brass.

Seems there are many ways to work the brass to get the final fireformed case.

Good luck!

Ray

Defiantly want to hear how you make out with H 1000 mine will be done later this fall so all the info the better.

I have 3 lbs of RL26 to try out as Rich has had some really good loads come from it with good velocity and low ES. But I have 12 lbs of H1000 which is what I use in my 338 Lapua. So if I can get good loads out of H1000, even better!

By the way...UPS updated my arrival to Monday! :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.