Close up pictures of LIVE trophy bull moose.

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
A week after my harvest I finaly have the rest of the hunting pictures that my buddies took.

A couple hours after I passed on the 60" bull and harvested my bull, the big guy came running right past us at 80 yards!! You will see by the pictures why I named the bull "Mack" Either short for "Big Mac" or because he's built like a mack truck. In any event I hope you all enjoy these photos. These are an exceptional sight to see in the Mat-Su Valley. These would be common place up north in the circle but not here. The first picture through the spotting scope was from 3 seasons ago. The bull through the scope and the live shots are of the same bull.

Enjoy.....

315192.JPG

318793.JPG

318796.JPG

318794.JPG

318795.JPG

318792.jpg

Michael:

Great pictures of Mack. Thanks for posting them. Just keep an eye on ol' "Mack", and you can save him for next year.

That's some great looking country. It looks like you could get shots at long ranges but also could run into something close up in the brush.

Keep tabs on ol' "Mack" and post some pictures of you packing him out next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They all look HUGE to me so I really can't distinguish a good from a great but would take any without a second thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I hope to be up in that country by this time next year. I joined the air force and hope to be in either Anchorage or Fairbanks. I don't know which has the best area's for hunting but I will do my research before I go. I have always wanted to go moose, caribou, and grizzley hunting. YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN! Again congrats on your bull.

Stop it. Your killing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
It looks like you found a moose haven. Hopefully it will be your secret spot for a long time before it gets "discovered" by a few guide services.

Hey, 7mmMag Man, congrats on joining the Air Force. I was in for 24 years and enjoyed them all. Alaska was my #1 priority when I joined and it took me 14 years of waiting before I got an assignment there. I got to spend almost 6 years up there. They closed my unit and shipped me out just prior to me being able to retire in Alaska./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Once people get assigned to Alaska, they never want to leave, so it's really hard to find an opening. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did.

As for which is a better place to be stationed, Anchorage or Fairbanks, it depends on what you like to do best, hunting, fishing, or both equally. I was in Fairbanks, the hunting was great and you have easy access to the whole state, north and south. The local fishing was just ok, mostly small species. There is some salmon fishing around Fairbanks but they're pretty beat up by the time they get that far inland. Anchorage would be the better location if you like hunting and fishing equally. Truthfully, ANY PLACE in Alaska is a good place to be (except maybe Shemya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and I wouldn't turn down any assignment, whether to a major base or a remote outpost.

A word of warning: as a hunter, once you've lived in Alaska, nowhere else will ever measure up. There are places just as beautiful in the lower 48, and the hunting may even be better in some places, but once "Alaska" is in your blood you'll be hooked for life.

Couldn't ya have just went by Food Lion and picked up a pack of steaks or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif That's a lot of work to pack that guy out.

Glad to hear that you finally made it to Alaska though Elroy,
From what you describe it sounds about like the chances of going to Hawaii. Although my hopes are high as I am leaving for basic the 12th of September. I got Aerospace Maintenance and depending upon which plane they give me I have a fair chance of being stationed up there. . . although worst case scenario would be getting one of the figher jets and not having ANY chance of going up there.
Am glad to hear that you liked it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.