Clicks on New Leupolds??

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I have been playing around with a few leupolds here lately. I have a Vari X III 4-14x50mm target and a 6-20x50mm X III target and the clicks on the VX feel a little more solid than the Vari X III series. This is to be expected on the new model scope. BJ just bought a new 8-25 VX III and his clicks are as solid as can be.

I have only had tracking problems on some old vari x II scopes, not on any of the new series or my VX models. I am surprised by how tight the clicks on this years model VX III scopes are.

Just wondering if any of you guys have noticed anything similar??

Also got to play with the new VXL series in thier 30mm tube 56mm objective scopes. The scope is a little heavy but the mounting level is **** nice, should work well on a dedicated hunting rifle.

take it easy
steve

lerch,

I have an old VXII 4x12 with factory installed target turrents that are very solid. Repeatability is good, I have used this scope for metallic silhouette in the past.

How about the feel on the Mark 4 4.5x14PR? I ordered one from BJ (along with the RXIV).
Thanks for any inputs you can offer.

Regards,

JD338

Me and BJ have only messed around the the MK4 PR scopes a couple of times at work but the clicks on it felt just as solid as the ones on his new VX III

take it easy
steve

Could you tell me if your turret adjustments look like these? I bought this scope yesterday and its a Mark 4 405-14x40 PR # 56140 or at least that is what is on the box. It came with the tall target turret caps but the adjustments are low and I cant figure out how to set them to zero. Sorta look like LPS adjustments.

IMG_1612.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.