Cleaning rod length .....Question

Agunner012

What size rod/brand would be the best for cleaning a 33" long barrel on a scoped rifle?

Thanks

Agunner,

I haven't used all of the cleaning rods on the market, but I have been very happy with my one piece Dewey's.

I use a 36" rod on my 26" barrel, so I would say that their 44" would be the best choice for your 33" barrel, provided you aren't useing an exceptionally long custom action.

Good day,
Carl

Go to Deweys and have them make one with the 10" extension. Cost for my last two was $44.

I find that a longer rod that allows my hand to stay behind the butt end is more comfortable and not as difficult as one that is shorter and causes me to hold the end of the rod right against the back of the action.

I used to use Bore Tech rods but they delaminated and took me 4 months for them to change them. Lamination on the rod is too thin and their customer service is the pits.

BH

[ QUOTE ]
Go to Deweys and have them make one with the 10" extension. Cost for my last two was $44.

I find that a longer rod that allows my hand to stay behind the butt end is more comfortable and not as difficult as one that is shorter and causes me to hold the end of the rod right against the back of the action.

I used to use Bore Tech rods but they delaminated and took me 4 months for them to change them. Lamination on the rod is too thin and their customer service is the pits.

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys!

I stumbled upon a 60" Dewey Rod that is 2 piece. Seems very long, but I don't want to have issues with the scope. After reading about 2 piece rods I am hesitant/paranoid????

BH was it the 60" rod you were referring too?

Thanks

No, I had mine made to 50".

The laminated rod is simply screwed onto the handle that has a SS extension made whatever length you order from Dewy.

Well worth the money. best rod going IMO.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.