Classic Bolt Action Rifles.... what is your vote?

I was referring to the model 1895 being both at San Juan and with Roosevelt on safari not specifically the 30-06 caliber. I'm sure that steel but plate is pretty unforgiving!

What a gorgeous rifle. It's defintely on my bucket list.

52626F14-D81B-440F-A3BE-C15410A58119.jpeg

I don't know if you would call it a classic but my Browning A Bolt 2 in 30-06 is my favorite. My classic would be a Remington BLD 760 pump in 30-06. And am now dickering on a older Ruger M77 tang safety with sights in 7X57. If I get that Ruger it will be one I'll hunt with for some time just because it's a classic.

I know it's too late, but a Weatherby Mk 5 chambered in 240 Bee with the 6 lug action, fancy wood, and topped with a gloss Leupold FXII 6x36 would be tough to beat in terms of classic style.

I suppose age has something to do with it but when I hear "classic bolt action" ; Pre 64 Model 70 comes to mind. However when I want to build a rifle a Remington Model 700,721 or 722 comes to mind. Doesn't the shape of the stock have a lot to do with the "classic" look?

I'm sure nobody else feels this way but I always like the higher grade Parker Hale rifles. For a newer rifle I think the newer Remington 700 CDL is a good looking long gun.
I've had an old herters 458 win mag that I've never been able to let go. It's prob only worth 550 bucks but I love that old gun and have shot rabbits to deer with it. I will never sell it.

A great bunch of pics and rifles. I purchased my Model 7MS in .257 Roberts the first year they were available from the Custom Shop in Ilion, NY. It's my favorite next to my LAW Professional Creedmoor.

My Father and two brothers bought me a Remington ADL 30-06, 51 years ago for Christmas ! That has been a very good gun and it also has a sentimental value ! I Would never part with it !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.