PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

Um....Actually Steve, I'm North America's top predator! :cool:

Being a dog lover, I recognize the Wolves are awesome killing machines (which I can respect) but like any other killing machine, they have to be managed a little better.
I also shoot my fare share of yotes and I pick off a wolf if I had the chance (and it was legal of course)
I'm actually more sick of deer! Do you know how many **** car vs. deer accidents I do every year!?! Bring a few wolves to SD!

Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

Steve

Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

Steve

Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!

Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!

Yup, you can come hunt our wolves, but it will unfortunately cost you being out of state. They are charging us $20 a piece for tags to shoot these oversized varmints and then ending the season before the small quota is reached.

The only thing that will stop this madness is a huge amount of political pressure on our state and US politicians to stand up to the Feds.

The "No's" now outnumber the "Yes's" 71 to 29.

Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?

Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?

I don't think there is any way to accurately count. That is how the anti's/tree huggers win in court. If it can not be proven with specific #'s the judge sides with the animal. All we can say is what we are seeing. Game populations are declining and the only new player in town is the wolf. They already determined that the wolf has a right to be here. So that means that if game numbers are declining then people are the only ones that can be regulated. We can stop people from harvesting game, we can't stop wolves from killing game. Thus less and less hunting till there is none. No hunting...no need for guns. See my point. It was planned from the start.

Steve

Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list or the folks that determine quotas. Frustrating.

Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list or the folks that determine quotas. Frustrating.

That's just it, they don't have to count. That is how they got rid of the black bear season in CA. They come in and demand that a state tell how many bears they have. If the state can not give a factually based answer, they simply say that with out any proof of the number then they cannot say that they have a large enough number to sustain a season. Good bye bear hunting. Or what ever season. Predators are by far the hardest to count. They tried to stop the bear season in MT the same way several years back, and fortunately MT FWP had been keeping tabs on the black bears for several years, knowing that this may happen, that we were able to keep our bear season.

Steve

Ya I kinda was thinking that towards the middle of what I was writing but, the venting felt so good I finished writing it anyway. **** they **** me off.

Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list....

Someone needs to explain to me how a non-native species can be put on the endangered species list?! The wolf that was exterminated from the Idaho, Montana and Wyoming area was a subspecies called canis lupus irremotus. The new introduced wolf is called canis lupus occidentalis, (Mackenzie Valley Wolf) or better known as the Canadian Grey Wolf. These wolves are 30% larger then our original wolves, run in much larger packs than the originals and have no problem with very cold weather. They are super predators that technically were introduced illegally and now we are stuck with them, thanks to USFW and those "LIB LICKERS." I agree with you Chas1, **** they **** me off. Shoot, shovel and shutup.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.