Christensen elr; seekins havak ph1 or bravo; fierce edge

If you want a smooth bolt, don't go for any action that is spiral fluted where the flutes extend along the bottom of the bolt. The fierce is a nice tight action, but the fixed ejector does catch slightly in the spiral flutes when running the bolt. I have a rem 700 ti with the spiral fluted bolt, very notchy as the flutes catch the next round when the bolt is worked. Doesnt affect accuracy at all, but I prefer a smooth bolt throw.
I have a m8000 husqvarna rifle that put most anything to shame in the smooth operation. You can feel the precise fit when you slick that bolt home.
These are pretty normal groups from the fierce (26N) and christensen (6.5cm). The fierce was from a clean oiled bore, always takes a shot to settle after cleaning.
. BD15EFAA-DDF7-4AD5-9C2D-F9B08E546903.jpeg93F0D2CC-31E9-4491-A1AE-30361E24B9C8.png

Fierce is likely smoother. I have a Christensen arms Mesa and while it is an amazing shooter so far, the action is definitely a bit sloppy. Why do people really care about that unless it is hindering performance though? Does it hinder a followup shot on a critter? NOPE. So why does it truly matter? That being said, the Fierce rifles look pretty dang nice!

Honestly an action that has extremely tight tolerances is much more apt to fail on you in dirty field conditions.

I have a Steyr safebolt. When it is dry it is pretty smooth. If there is any oil on it, it's not quite as smooth.
I'm thinking smoothness is subjective in this situation. If my actions get less smooth after oiling, I'd find different oil! I can understand more friction or resistance with some oil but not smoothness. I always hear how smooth Tikka actions are but to be they feel like a xylophone filled with gravel and I've played with a bunch.

If your going to get a 6.5 prc, get the fierce rifles, as they're built on a long action. You need the extra mag space to run bullets in the long 188 freebore that is chambered in the saami prc. Hornady factory ammo loaded with eld bullets work well as they like a fair bit of jump, but if you want to run say a 156 berger 15 thou off the lands, you loaded coal will likely be 3.050 or more. This will not work in any the short action prc rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.