Which one Seekins, Fierce or Christensen Rifle.........

Longtine88

My cousin is wanting a factory rifle with a budget of $3500 on scope and rifle. I tried to get him to let me build one but he's so tight when he farts he whistle's. So Which one of these rifles would you rather have? Never owned one and 90% of my rifles are customs so help me out. Or is there another one you would rather get?

If it was me I would be looking at Seekins or possibly the Springfield 2020. I don't have any first hand experience other than handling the Springfield at the LGS. Have read too many things re issues with Christensen and Fierce's customer service for me to be interested enough to swim in those waters. But none of it is first hand experience, just has caused me tread cautiously.

Last edited:
I own seekins and fierce. I like them both alot. Both shoot well and I have 1/2 moa loads for both. If I had to choose one, I'd grab my ph1.

Fierce! Good rate of twist for hand loaders. Many levels of rifles. Stick with the Edge line. Half moa guarantee with a factory target showing which ammo to use.

If it was me I would be looking at Seekins or possibly the Springfield 2020. I don't have any first hand experience other than handling the Springfield at the LGS. Have read too many things re issues with Christensen and Fierce's customer service for me to be interested enough to swim in those waters. But none of it is first hand experience, just has caused me tread cautiously.
I can speak personally about Christensen's customer service. I've had a 300 WM by them for about 10 years. The first couple of years, their customer service was excellent. But one year ago the bolts (size M6) holding the pic rail to the action sheared off. I had a very difficult time getting any response from the service dept re sending it in. Then the answer was, "if we can't remove the sheared off screws from the action, we'll have to install a new action." Well, I knew what would happen if I sent it in. So I took it to a local gunsmith and he was able to remove the sheared off screws, and install M8's for $100. That experience has me really soured on CA.

I have two Seekins rifles. And love both of them. They are incredible shooters that out shoot me any day. I will be buying two more rifles in the next year or so from them.

I can not speak first hand on the other two manufactures. But, with that said it's rare to ever hear any negative feedback about Seekins or the need to use their customer service unlike the others.

Good luck with his purchase.
Daniel

My vote goes to the Seekins. You can't go wrong there, and if something did go awry, Glen would surely take care of it.

I can speak personally about Christensen's customer service. I've had a 300 WM by them for about 10 years. The first couple of years, their customer service was excellent. But one year ago the bolts (size M6) holding the pic rail to the action sheared off. I had a very difficult time getting any response from the service dept re sending it in. Then the answer was, "if we can't remove the sheared off screws from the action, we'll have to install a new action." Well, I knew what would happen if I sent it in. So I took it to a local gunsmith and he was able to remove the sheared off screws, and install M8's for $100. That experience has me really soured on CA.
I had a different experience with CA. I have a 300 WM (Mesa) that had a "non uniform" spot inside the barrel. I talked with their customer support who had me send the gun back in. Knowing that using non factory ammo voids their warranty, according to their info, I figured I might be on the hook for costs if repairs were needed. I got a follow up email about two weeks after I sent it in, and it showed they replaced the barrel and were in the process of shipping it back. I thought that was a pretty positive customer service experience.

I have two Seekins rifles. And love both of them. They are incredible shooters that out shoot me any day. I will be buying two more rifles in the next year or so from them.

I can not speak first hand on the other two manufactures. But, with that said it's rare to ever hear any negative feedback about Seekins or the need to use their customer service unlike the others.

Good luck with his purchase.
Daniel
If you are planning on buying them and having them this year don't wait, I ordered my new Element last September and probably wont have it in hand until March…

worth the wait tho!