Christensen Arms 6.5 PRC question

The fact that the barrel is touching is problematic, bipod technique notwithstanding. It could indicate that the recoil lug is canted, which would shift the action to the side once it's torqued down. I've had this happen on a couple of Remingtons, of which the Christensen is a footprint. You can remove the barreled action and see for yourself. Sending the rifle back to Christensen is the best course of action to retain any warranty, or record of possession. Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
The Factory CA stocks are sub par in my opinion. You are much better selling that stock and going with an aftermarket stock.

The Factory CA stocks are sub par in my opinion. You are much better selling that stock and going with an aftermarket stock.

Not quite sure what's subpar and what he would gain. The stock is Carbon Fiber with a bunch of features. I get it, it's not got as nice of a camo finish as a manners or McMillan, or doesn't have flush cups or a adjustable cheek weld, but the stock on his model is pretty darn nice. Once it's fully bedded it will be even nicer.

UNIQUE FEATURES
Carbon Fiber Composite
Monte-Carlo Style Stock
Modified Beavertail Forearm
Raised Comb
Full Palm Swell
4″ Bottom Picatinny Rail
STANDARD CHRISTENSEN ARMS FEATURES
Invar Pillars
Spot Bedding
Limbsaver Recoil Pad

631EDA9F-E317-4C0A-BC3B-D378B658603B.png

Not quite sure what's subpar and what he would gain. The stock is Carbon Fiber with a bunch of features. I get it, it's not got as nice of a camo finish as a manners or McMillan, or doesn't have flush cups or a adjustable cheek weld, but the stock on his model is pretty darn nice. Once it's fully bedded it will be even nicer.

UNIQUE FEATURES
Carbon Fiber Composite
Monte-Carlo Style Stock
Modified Beavertail Forearm
Raised Comb
Full Palm Swell
4″ Bottom Picatinny Rail
STANDARD CHRISTENSEN ARMS FEATURES
Invar Pillars
Spot Bedding
Limbsaver Recoil Pad

View attachment 196126
I agree - I think their stocks are really nice, in fact I think they are just a nice as the mcmillans and manners. Finish is just a little boring:).

Gun Line makes a Barrel Bedding Tool that will professionally open up the barrel channel to free float your barrel. It is not expense and very useful when dealing with free floating a stock barrel channel. Brownells has the tool in stock.

Gun Line makes a Barrel Bedding Tool that will professionally open up the barrel channel to free float your barrel. It is not expense and very useful when dealing with free floating a stock barrel channel. Brownells has the tool in stock.
Great info. Thank you. Let's see what Christensen Arms does. I sent the gun back Wednesday.

Christensen Arms went above and beyond IMO. The sent the rifle back today with a new TFM stock and also fully bedded it. Definitely impressed by there customer service. Here's a couple of pictures with the new stock.

now time to take it out and see how she shoots Sunday.
On a side note looking at having a ruffle built. I can't decide though on which caliber either a 300 PRC or a 300 Norma. Would be used as a long range target gun and for elk.

Attachments

• 96769DCF-29A8-47E2-B3D4-F441393C5052.jpeg
    96769DCF-29A8-47E2-B3D4-F441393C5052.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 720FFF5E-FE75-461D-A15B-F84A5A44E499.jpeg
    720FFF5E-FE75-461D-A15B-F84A5A44E499.jpeg
    964.8 KB · Views: 129
This is good news about their customer service. I just bought a Traverse in 300 WSM and shot a 7" group! The muzzle blast was unreal. I guess the new Leupold VX6HD 3-18 could be bad.

This is good news about their customer service. I just bought a Traverse in 300 WSM and shot a 7" group! The muzzle blast was unreal. I guess the new Leupold VX6HD 3-18 could be bad.
Brakes are definitely loud. 7" sounds like something is loose, unless your shooting at 1000, in which case that is a pretty nice cluster for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.