The only thing I don't like about my Ridgelines is that the bolt lift effort seems to increase substantially more with repeating shots than my other bolt guns.
I have 2 of their rifles and notice mainly in my 6.5 PRC (300 RUM only occasionally). Not even after repeated shots...the PRC is after every shot almost regardless of the load. The heavy bolt lift is very annoying though and falsely lead me to believe I was hitting pressure way too early in load testing (6.5 Creed was faster at that point). Love the rifles but that is a legitimate gripe.

I had my experience with CA. After break in and a lot of test rounds that left me with 2" groups my smith wanted to scope the barrel. When asked about his curiosity he showed me 2 CA's on the shelf waiting for new barrels. We found a rifling that run into the chamber neck. The chamber being bored that far off. They replaced the barrel. The next barrel was the same groups. Scoped the barrel and we found that half way down the barrel there was 3-4" with no rifling at all. I really liked the feel of that rifle and the weight. I have several rifles at 1/4th the price that will shoot circles around it. I hear of some people who have good luck with them? I hope they can get their barrel manufacturing lined out whereas it is leaving a bad name and a lot of people in question
How long ago did you buy those rifles/barrels?

I had my experience with CA. After break in and a lot of test rounds that left me with 2" groups my smith wanted to scope the barrel. When asked about his curiosity he showed me 2 CA's on the shelf waiting for new barrels. We found a rifling that run into the chamber neck. The chamber being bored that far off. They replaced the barrel. The next barrel was the same groups. Scoped the barrel and we found that half way down the barrel there was 3-4" with no rifling at all. I really liked the feel of that rifle and the weight. I have several rifles at 1/4th the price that will shoot circles around it. I hear of some people who have good luck with them? I hope they can get their barrel manufacturing lined out whereas it is leaving a bad name and a lot of people in question

Heard from a friend who manages a gun store that CA had plenty of barrel problems because they outsourced them. Once CA brought everything in-house, quality drastically improved. Probably around the 2016 timeframe.

Right, so you bought those rifles brand new 2 years ago? And immediately had them replaced?
I bought one rifle in 6.5 Cr. After having troubles they had me send it back. (3 times) They replaced the barrels on the same rifle. They understood the issues and took the gun back and sent me my money that I paid for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.