Christensen Arms classic 6.5 Creedmoor conversion to 6.5 PRC

Zbott93

Evening,

I've owned this Christensen Arms classic cambered in 6.5 creedmoor for about 6 years and would like to convert it to a 6.5 PRC. I really like the rifle stock, the integral picatinny rail and the weight. I called Christensen arms to see if they just sell a magnum bolt and the unfortunately do not. I done a bit of research getting the bolt face opened up and getting the barrel rechambered but once I do that how would I know if it would feed reliably with the bottom floor mag. Any help/ guidance would be great.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 635854B9-3569-497B-AB66-10F2E24FD70F.jpeg
    635854B9-3569-497B-AB66-10F2E24FD70F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Before spending a dime on it, I think you may do better to sell and just buy a 6.5 PRC in same configuration. Rechambering the factory rifle will cause it to be of less value, not more.
At the end of the day, it's your rifle and choice - but I just wouldn't go that is they don't make this rifle configuration. The classic was discontinued years ago.
Well that's the issue. They don't make this rifle anymore with the integral picatinny rail. Unless you want the Summit Ti. The classic was discontinued years ago. That's the only reason why I would do it. This rifle was built in 2015, back when Christensen made decent rifles in my opinion. I wouldn't buy one now with all the issues I've heard. I would probably build one, but I was wondering if this would be a route to take.

Just showed my ignorance on Christensen rifles. Although, if the rifle shoots well as a Creedmoor - I would be hard pressed to change anything. Or if I could find a mag bolt for it & a Christensen blank, possibly hand off to a local smith' and keep original parts?

Just showed my ignorance on Christensen rifles. Although, if the rifle shoots well as a Creedmoor - I would be hard pressed to change anything. Or if I could find a mag bolt for it & a Christensen blank, possibly hand off to a local smith' and keep original parts?
It shoots insanely accurate. Quarter size groups at 300 yards. My gunsmith said he can rechamber the same barrel. I don't think I'll be able to find a mag bolt for it since they don't sell them separately. I would keep it as original as possible. I probably would never sell it. I just don't t want to go down a rabbit home with the 6.5 PRC round feeding. I don't want a single shot rifle. Lol

If you have the time - Contact Justin Linenbach in pocatello idaho (Kinport Peak Custom Rifles). He can open up the bolt face & chamber up a new barrel for you.

We do sell replacement bolts for the christensen rifles, however-it may not be cost effective for your intended goals.

If you have the time - Contact Justin Linenbach in pocatello idaho (Kinport Peak Custom Rifles). He can open up the bolt face & chamber up a new barrel for you.

We do sell replacement bolts for the christensen rifles, however-it may not be cost effective for your intended goals.
Will do thanks for the contact. Would I be able to keep the same barrel and rechamber it? I'm asking because if the end result is not cost effective, I would just build a rifle on a XM action and probably sell this rifle.

Will do thanks for the contact. Would I be able to keep the same barrel and rechamber it? I'm asking because if the end result is not cost effective, I would just build a rifle on a XM action and probably sell this rifle.

Yes he can rechamber that factory tube.

Evening,

I've owned this Christensen Arms classic cambered in 6.5 creedmoor for about 6 years and would like to convert it to a 6.5 PRC. I really like the rifle stock, the integral picatinny rail and the weight. I called Christensen arms to see if they just sell a magnum bolt and the unfortunately do not. I done a bit of research getting the bolt face opened up and getting the barrel rechambered but once I do that how would I know if it would feed reliably with the bottom floor mag. Any help/ guidance would be great.

Thanks,
Why do you need a prc? If you really want one buy a prc and keep your cm the way it is. Especially if it's a shooter. Don't mess up a good thing