Christensen Arms 6.5 PRC question

This is good news about their customer service. I just bought a Traverse in 300 WSM and shot a 7" group! The muzzle blast was unreal. I guess the new Leupold VX6HD 3-18 could be bad.
Have you reached out to Christensen Arms? I k ow you mentioned a couple weeks ago about this issue. Have you done anything with it since then?

No, haven't reached out to them. It's been busy with work and a couple of deaths in the family. On the side discharge brake, I took out the top screws (#'s 2 and 4) and see if the muzzle blast calms down. I will need to switch out a scope, I don't have an extra HD6 laying around. I'll keep you posted.

I have never built a hunting rifle I have but a ton of AR15's. I was thinking about going with a RMP Rifle. Tell me about about your 300PRC
It's 300 PRC built on a 700 action that I had Blueprinted, fully bedded barreled action, bolt fluted and KRG Bolt knob, Flatshoe TT trigger same as your CA trigger except flatshoe, Proof 26" 1/10 twist barrel, Graybow Carbon Fiber stock with QD flush cups, Hawkins bottom metal with CIP length mags, Surefire QD Brake and SOCOM suppressor, Seekins Precision rings, Nightforce 20moa rail with a Vortex PST FFP Gen II. Built for $3700 all in including Smith work and everything listed above including optics but not including the suppressor. Got a great deal from Redhawk Rifles on the stock at $350 and then you could add any bottom metal for $99. If I built another 300PRC I think I would go a little faster twist at 1/9.5 or 1/9. It's a shooter though and fun to shoot suppressed. PM me if you want a good Smith referral. I took my time over 12 months and accumulated everything, waited for sales to get good deals, etc.... eventually it all comes together. Take your time and don't rush into it and you'll find yourself learning a lot and saving a bunch on a custom rifle built how YOU want it.

81B38B7B-E51E-47D2-9F90-A83DEE634A24.jpeg
DAEEC2B9-F298-450F-8F1C-F045A64FF2E5.jpeg
88B0ED5D-AE3D-49D2-B511-C4D45A3ED6C0.jpeg

Christensen Arms went above and beyond IMO. The sent the rifle back today with a new TFM stock and also fully bedded it. Definitely impressed by there customer service. Here's a couple of pictures with the new stock.

now time to take it out and see how she shoots Sunday.
On a side note looking at having a ruffle built. I can't decide though on which caliber either a 300 PRC or a 300 Norma. Would be used as a long range target gun and for elk.

This is insane! That's their top of the line stock. Above and beyond is right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.