Chassis and tripods

COPrecisionRifle

262562785_4219839358120455_6301794613938814295_n.jpg

Who else on here is running a chassis and a tripod for hunting? It seems to be the future of long-range hunting but it doesn't get discussed here too much. The axle of a barrel on this rifle is obviously not the best option for hunting but an XLR magnesium hits the scale at sub 2 lbs with an integrated Arca and bubble level. Having a rifle that is light with the ability to clamp into a tripod is a game-changer. Let me know what you guys think or why you would rather run a different setup.

I use an XLR Envy on my coyote rifle. I try to setup where I can shoot sitting. Sometimes I have to stand because of the terrain/vegetation.

I've made adapters for my regular big game rifles but none are in a chassis yet. We've shot a few big game animals sitting but most of the time we shoot prone off a bipod. My furthest kill was actually sitting, not prone though.

My brother has multiple XLR Element Mag chassis for his hunting rifles. I'll probably slowly transition that way. The Envy with the Anvil-30 is great so far coyote hunting. I don't see why an Element with the Anvil wouldn't be great for big game also.

The anvil 30 is well worth the money spent! I think that is going to be my next upgrade for my tripod! I have an older RRS ball head on this one and there is a noticeable difference between the two!

I took this out to Colorado this year for a bear hunt. Worked like a charm. Not sure if I would've been able to get a shot off without having a tripod. I attached a short 3 inch arca rail to the bravo chassis

Attachments

• 3D9E8CC1-DBB7-481F-B3A3-7B402E34593D.jpeg
    3D9E8CC1-DBB7-481F-B3A3-7B402E34593D.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 68