Tripods

Only had my feisol with red leveling head out once so far. Was easy hitting my little spinner with 22rf at 100. Realize not be long range. Only gun I have put a direct mount plate on yet

I have been using an Outdoorsman Compact Medium tripod for several years, both as a shooting platform and for my optics. Originally, I bought a Hog Saddle to go with it, and although it works very well, it's heavy. I purchased an Outdoorsman rifle rest and used it last year to take a buck at 165 yards. It seems to work well.

If you are going to do a lot of walking and want something lite that will also work as a walking stick take a look at the Primos trigger stick.

I have been doing a great deal of research on tripods lately. There are all kinds of opinions on how much of a tripod you have to have for a stable shooting platform. Most any rifle I shoot is 10 pounds or smaller. Hunting and target shooting, would be nice to shoot from standing, kneeling, and sitting positions. Expected range of 600 yards for now, hopefully farther when I get better.

I am curious to know what kind of tripod setups you are using, for those that like what they have.
I've been using the Jim Shockey Trigger sticks bipods and tripods for about five years now and have been very happy with them. I have both the long and short versions because of the variability in terrain and grass length.

When you need extra support you can always combine the two with the tripod under the forearms and bipod at the rear. You can even attack the two with a piece of paracord for even more stability when needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.