Cases keep getting stuck

ohiohunter

I have a rcbs chucker and I've had two cases stick. One was a 22-250 in an RCBS fl die and the other is a 280 in a redding type s die. I believe there is plenty of lube as it running down my case onto my press, its one shot.

The weird thing is since my first stuck case I've paid closer attention to resistance. When I get too much resistance I back out and turn the case and sometimes it goes in like butter sometimes not. Why does that happen? How can the radial position of the case effect the resistance in my dies? Something doesn't make sense.

I was able to easily remove my ball expander and looking in at the bushing, it looks like the case is barely started in the 0.313 nitride bushing. Needless to say I'm a little PO'd.

Ive found one shot to work better on the inside of necks if your using the expander ball, but for the outside of the case you need a better lube, get yourself a tin of imperial sizing wax, a little bit on your fingers rubbed on your case its mucho better, a small tin will last a long time, you will not regret it.

Several of us refer to it as "One Stuck" not "One Shot" I use a cheep old pad and some RCBS case lube. Try it and I think you will be pleased.

Jeff

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing about the "one stuck lube". After I get this case out I'll be going back to my old pad. I've also read good things about imperial, I'll try to get my hands on some. Thanks

Usually the problem with sticking cases with One Shot is BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. It plainly says to spray the cases down AND LET IT DRY before your size. If it is wet it will stick. Spray cases and give the size die a shot the WAIT A FEW MINUTES FOR IT TO DRY. Been using this stuff for a looooooooooooooog time and never stuck a case AFTER I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. :rolleyes::D

I have a rcbs chucker and I've had two cases stick. One was a 22-250 in an RCBS fl die and the other is a 280 in a redding type s die. I believe there is plenty of lube as it running down my case onto my press, its one shot. ... Needless to say I'm a little PO'd.

Don't be PO'd.

Cases get stuck for ONE reason and it's not the die or press or shrllholder; cases stick due to insufficent sizing lube, usually from being improperly applied. More people fail to read and heed the written instructions for properly using OneShot than any other lube; OneShot certainly should NOT be "running" anywhere.

Usually the problem with sticking cases with One Shot is BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. It plainly says to spray the cases down AND LET IT DRY before your size. If it is wet it will stick. Spray cases and give the size die a shot the WAIT A FEW MINUTES FOR IT TO DRY. Been using this stuff for a looooooooooooooog time and never stuck a case AFTER I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. :rolleyes::D

Don't be PO'd.

Cases get stuck for ONE reason and it's not the die or press or shrllholder; cases stick due to insufficent sizing lube, usually from being improperly applied. More people fail to read and heed the written instructions for properly using OneShot than any other lube; OneShot certainly should NOT be "running" anywhere.

Ah, my ignorance surfaces. When I was told about the stuff the guy said just spray it down. And you're right I did not read the instructions. This makes me feel a little better about the product and the fact I don't have to trash a full can! Thanks guys

Back when I used it I let it dry, still stuck a case. Even watched you tube videos on it to see if I was missing something. I found it very messy and didn't lube as well I my old pad and lube. At least for my calibers and needs. So I tossed it and went back to old tried and true.

YMMV
Jeff

Night and day w/ the one shot and letting it dry. I busted out the pad to just in case. THanks again.

Another one stuck thread...:rolleyes:... I've tried both one stuck and that dillon spray stuff. Neither did anything for me other than do a poor job of lubing my brass and get all over the place. Try caseforming with one stuck; aint gonna happen! I'll stay with a lube and pad thank you very much.:D

Night and day w/ the one shot and letting it dry. I busted out the pad to just in case. THanks again.

I used to use One Shot and it worked OK on most cases but i ended up getting three 300 RUM cases stuck and each one was a major project getting unstuck. And yep, I followed the directions. Then I got some Imperial. it was night and day difference. Then after reading some others experience with Unique, I bought some of that. It works just as well as Imperial, maybe a little better and for about a 1/3 the price.

I used to use the pad a looong time ago. No matter how hard I tried to keep it clean, some sort of debris was always getting on it... tumbling media, dog hairs (I have dogs) or whatever... drove me crazy.

Very happy with Imperial and Unique, especially Unique, and it will last a whole lot longer than a can of One Shot. One 4 oz tub will probably last more than 10,000 rounds... maybe a lot longer than 10,000. I have probably done a 1000 with this tub I just got and it hasn't dented it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.