Case cleaning

Cabela's, Amazon, or any good reloading store.

I cleaned 7.62's in a large tumbler. I tried a few batches with the steel pins, but the pain of extracting all of pins compared to how clean the cases came out without using pins made me put the pins away and I haven't used them since. Others may feel strongly about using pins, but a good amount of cleaner and a few hours in the tumbler is good enough for me.

I've attached a photo of a load of 7.62 that I cleaned without pins using distilled water. I think I used the RCBS brass cleaner in this batch. I run the brass for two full cycles, rinse with tap water, then dry them for several hours in the Franklin Armory brass dryer. I've cleaned thousands of rounds this way without any issues.

Attachments

• NATO BRASS.jpg
    NATO BRASS.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 111
I have 5 pounds of these chips for sale. $35 shipped. PM if interested.

I use the pins it's not very hard to get them out. I visually inspect every case after I blow them out with compressed air. Zoom in on the primer pocket ,the little black dot you see is not dirt it is a reflection of the flash hole!
IMG_3284.jpeg

There are a few other tricks that I will tell you about I tumbled them with a squirt of dawn, (very little) and a dash of Lemi shine. Then they get spread out on a towel after I've shaken out the pins and they are dried with a heat gun, which only takes about three minutes with 100 cases. then they go into the vibratory Tumblr with walnut hull media and a little bit of white diamond metal polish.

Get a cheap rock tumbler from Harbor Freight. Works great and way less money than a reloading tumbler.
As an alternative get the Harbor Freight 6L ultrasonic cleaner and use simple green with a 1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine. 15 minutes and range pick up brass looks almost like new.

I have a FART tumbler but got tired of dealing with the pins getting stuck in the cases.