Carton's Fightn Cow call for Deer

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Hey All,
Over the years, I've tried this Carlton's call with no success for cow elk but it works wonders on muley does! I've had about 8 occurrences where I've called and they come running like dogs to bacon and muy pronto at that. I have not seen a whitetail doe or any buck respond but I think the does think it is a lost little one. Last year when I tried it with a group of 7 does in an open field, at first I thought they immediately ran straight away but it was straight towards me and stopped at about 50 yards. A few years back when I ran out of reeds for this call, I called Carlton's and Wayne himself answered. I told him of how I was using the call for deer and he sent a few in the mail right away.

I use a deer talk or deer stopper it's called and I bow hunt mulies with it. Just like you I have had does come running from 1/2 mile away when they hear that and I've had some not even turn their heads with it. But when it works it works. Even use it in the rut if you can get his doe to come running he will be right behind her.

What's hilarious is that, maybe like you, I've only experienced this solo! It's a bit hard to fully explain that look when they come running but dogs to bacon seems appropriate. I've also used this for archery but one day I'm going to plan a doe rifle hunt. It seems to work best in the open field during late afternoon feeds or that's been my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a little one in distress sound is why they come running in because most of the time they come in groups for me and come in snorting and pawing at the ground. A few of my friends have been with and seen it although some have came to watch when it doesn't work also making my look bad lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.