Mountain Lion Attack stopped in the deer woods...close call!

Glad she's okay, she did a great job.
I'd would have shot WAY before she did.
I'm glad nobody else has to run into that cat, she probably saved someone's life.

Ha ha, thank you. She is shooting a Tikka T3X Lite in 270 WSM with handloaded 140 Gr Accubonds. She does pretty good with it too, holding about 6" groups at 600 yds. She is also an ICU Neuro Trauma nurse. Her profession probably helps with her composure under pressure. This year she beat me on the treadmill with the hunting boots and 40 pound pack on and beat me at the shooting range...but I'm happy to admit it, she trained hard....and I'm getting older...ha ha.
ICU Neuro Trauma Nurse: she is accustomed to working under tremendous pressure when her patients' lives are at stake.

Glad she's OK; I have 2 daughters. I can only imagine. She did everything right..."roaring like little Simba", lol. Only thing I would have done differently is smoke that cat sooner after it turned predatory on her. But Monday morning quarterbacking is easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.