Carbon Fiber Tripod - Recommend me a setup

The RRS is the best tripod. The Anvil head is pretty good, definitely one of the best for shooting and good one for glassing. Check out YouTube for lots of videos using RRS for shooting. RRS just released their "ascent" tripod, a little lighter than mine and it should check a lot of boxes for back country type folks.

You might look into the new Revic tripod. Gunwerks owns/makes Revic. It looks like a really setup and they specialize in long range hunting. I am most likely going with their tripod

I am curious to know what you guys recommend for a packable carbon fiber tripod for hunting Elk, Mule Deer, etc, in rugged conditions.

I would like to buy one soon to start practicing off of this Spring / Summer.

Also, what QD system, if any, do you recommend to switch between mounting optics and the rifle on the tripod.

I want to get a nice one and don't want to regret what I buy.

Thanks for the conversation, in advance.
Night force carbon tripod

I use Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod with RRS ballhead and Hog Saddle. I'm very happy with this set-up.

Attachments

• 662A9CB0-8FCB-4D64-9A90-4CC61F538C49.jpeg
    662A9CB0-8FCB-4D64-9A90-4CC61F538C49.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
I run this one with an arca rail on my binos and an arca rail on a hog saddle. I leave the hog saddle on it unless I'm glassing so that all I have to do is throw the rifle on when the need arises. It will be too short for you, as I'm 5'8" and this is the perfect height for me, but they have a bunch of different height combinations. I am extremely pleased with the quality and the stability when holding a 10-12 pound rifle. I don't have any rifles heavier than that to test stability for, but see no reason why even a 15-18 pound setup wouldn't be stable. This setup is rated to 33 pounds and I got a used one through Amazon for $275.

I am curious to know what you guys recommend for a packable carbon fiber tripod for hunting Elk, Mule Deer, etc, in rugged conditions.

Also, what QD system, if any, do you recommend to switch between mounting optics and the rifle on the tripod.

I got a big pod carbon fiber death grip, rifle only thing. But she is solid

Field optics research has carbon fiber tripods with a pan head system to eliminate rifle clamp adapters and keep mount as low as possible. they have systems you can purchase at a discount that is not apparent on their site, i would call them. i bought the hunter rifle clamp head and tripod pan swivel head
All high quality stuff. you can get higher end tripods(maybe just taller) from what i bought but more money. my setup was about $800 for everything. i love their stuff.

Jobu outfitters tripod with a RRS Anvil head is my setup. I bought my Jobu used for $600 and the Anvil is $350. Anvil is heavy duty and is a unique design in that it will clamp Swiss a pic rail or arca swiss. Not at the same time of course.

Recent Posts