can i zero my millet turrets?

Wheatgerm

I've got a millet scope 4-16x50 I've got it zeroed and been playing with the turrets over the last year. Im running into minor problems remembering to bring it back to zero after I shoot. I've loosened the turrets and tried spinning it all the way back so my true zero is easily just turning it back until my turret seats on the scope. But I can't figure out to get my scope to do this. Any help would be great thanks! Hopefully this makes sense

Does your scope have the turret locks underneath the turret. I have to loosen the allen screw on top then loosen the turret lock before I can rezero my turret.

I can zero the turret by loosening the top screw and adjusting the turret. But what im trying to do is set the turret so I can't accidentally go below my true zero. In ofther words if I adjust for 1000yangle or roughly 19MOA (more than a full revolution) I can easily just turn the turret back until it stops. Sometimes when im done shooting I forget to set the turret back to zero. Then a few weeks later I get the gun out and have to remember if I have to go back more than a full revolution or just return it back to the first zero.

I must have misunderstood. I dont know of any way to put a zero stop on them. Nice thing about the vortex hs they come with zero stop. I hardly use the rifle my millet is on anymore because of the same problem you are having.

Its not the scopes fault at all but a zero stop would be pretty nice to have. The last thing on my mind when I get done shooting is to get it set back to zero. As far as tracking and everything else the scope has done pretty nice from what I can tell. Thanks anyways for the help

I just made it a habit to return to Zero, any time I change ranges or before I stand up when I'm done. Not sure what else you can do but just learn to be methodical about that. When I return to zero I turn it past zero nearly a full turn then go up to zero, makes me feel better about taking whatever slack/backlash there is out of it from the start.

I have the 6x25x56LRS, it has verticle reference marks under the elevation turret once zero'd take your cell phone and snap a picture of the turret so you can see the lines. Before you go out to shoot it would only take a second to verify you returned it to zero or not.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.