Buying Wind Meter Help

putumdown

Hey guys I am in the market for a wind meter and I was looking for advice on which is the best and which is the best for the money. Thanks a lot

lovdasnow

i don't know about the best, or cheapest or whatever. but, a lot of guys use the kestrels here. i bought the 3500 model, it works great, and came highly recommended.

putumdown

Thanks for the input I was looking at the kestrel and skymate. I guess I will look harder at the kestrel.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Good timing on your question. In the next week or two I am going to be offering wind meters for sale in the LRH Gear Shop at 2 distinctly different price points.

One is the no-frills Caldwell unit that offers NO pressure/altitude readings. The other is the Kestrel 3500 which seems to be the preferred one for those who actually use pressure/altitude readings taken from the field to make drop corrections.

Last edited:

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.