Buying Savage Actions

TwowheelRider

I'm looking at building a custom rifle in .338 WINMAG. I've settled on a savage action w/ the accu-trigger. Does anyone know where I can buy the action for a Savage 116? I'm looking for the complete action (minus barrel and stock).

NSS Jim is oustanding give him a call 763 682 4296 i did few month ago and picked up stevens short action make sure you buy his recoil lug

go to savageshooters.com and sign up as a guest you will find all his inventory listed (actions barrels etc) there in the vender or supporter section, and that forum is a very good forum to join if my memory serve it's $12 a year for full member ship that will give you acess to buy sell or rade etc. but for a guest you can still get alot of the information to help in your project.

I have a new, unfired magnum stainless Savage 110 action that had come from a donor 338 mag that I would be willing to sell you. I bought the rifle as part of a 3 rifle package, with plans to build a custom gun. I later changed my plans and the action has been sitting in an oiled rag in my gun room for 3 years. Jim at Sharp Shooters Supply has already done all of the smith work to it, including a trigger job. It is a non-AccuTrigger action though. If you can live without the accutrigger, it would save you a LOT of waiting time.

I just registered on the site to ask some questions about having a 280ai built by one of the smiths here (recommended to me by a friend from another site) and I saw your post on the first forum I entered. If you are interested, just hit me with a PM. or you can email me at [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.