bushnell vs leica

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by redneck watchdog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. redneck watchdog

redneck watchdog Active Member

has anyone out there tried the bushnell 5x24 scout 1000 with arc
    if so what are the pros and cons.

also i was looking at the leica 1200. the bushnell is about $150 cheaper and seems to have more features. but the leica ranges further and has a higher manification. do you think the leica is worth the extra money

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yes, the Leica is probably the best bang for the buck if you want something that works and gives precise readings on flat ground.

Jeff

3. derek gustilo

derek gustilo Active Member

I would look into the Zeiss rangefinder, you could get one for around 650, i was ranging last year to a max of 1426 and lots of ranging 1200 +, really fast acquisition of target and fast read out of range. I would buy one, again and I have used a swaro, they are good but i like my zeiss the best.

4. frequent misser

frequent misser Well-Known Member

There is no comparison between the leica and bushnell. Leica is worth every extra penny and then some. I have used both also including the bushnell elite 1500 and you couldn't give me one.

5. redneck watchdog

redneck watchdog Active Member

i have looked at zeiss i really like their stuff i have a zeiss scope and its great. what is the name of the one you are talking about i havent been able to find anything that cheap

6. derek gustilo

derek gustilo Active Member

Zeiss victory 8 x 26 PRF I really like mine and a 8 power binocular is handy too, had it in snow an rain and still works good ranging targets in bad weather

7. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

No contest...go with the Leica

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Before you buy, I would do your homework and research the beam divergence of the Leica, swaro and zeiss. Also study the adverse affects of the larger beams. This is where the Leica shines.

Jeff