Burris Veracity 4-20x50mm Riflescope w/ Ballistic E1 FFP Reticle

I got ahold of a 5-25 yesterday at the lgs. FFP, I think that I liked the reticle pretty well, it was the MOA version, different than I am used to, but I could get used to it pretty easy. I really liked the side parallax adjustment better than any other I have come across. I played with the turrets a little; the zero stop seemed pretty decent, but I did not like the clicks much. They were audible, but the 'feel' was pretty mushy on that one. Not sure if I would spend the 1250$ for that one, but would consider the 4-20x listed at 900$.

Are you sure you looked at Veracity instead of XTR-II?

VERACITY
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-5-25-50mm-illum-riflescope.html
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-veracity-riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reitcle-5-25x50mm.html

XTR-II
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-...flescope-w-g2b-mil-dot-reticle-4-20x50mm.html
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-...pe-w-g2b-mil-dot-illum-reticle-5-25x50mm.html

I have played with Burris scopes over the years and am impressed with them as much as any other offerings. They are not the very best and are easily beat by the likes of Schmidt & Bender, but for the money I think they are the best out there. I have a new in box Nightforce 3.5 X 15 power that I am selling to fund another Burris. Call me crazy but it is my personal preference. PM me for a great deal on a new Nightforce still in the box.

It was the veracity for sure, but the prices you came up with off of optics planet are sure a whole lot better than the place I was looking at the scope. They are always competitive with their guns, ammo and component prices, but are not even close on the optics end of things.

It was the veracity for sure, but the prices you came up with off of optics planet are sure a whole lot better than the place I was looking at the scope. They are always competitive with their guns, ammo and component prices, but are not even close on the optics end of things.

Hmm, veracity only comes in Ballistic (varmint) E1 FFP Reticle (Veracity Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics) and XTR-II has G2B mildot for the 4-20 and 5-25 (XTR II Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics)

So does that mean these are released now in the US? I've been checking with places here in Canada and no one has even heard of these scopes let alone knows when they will get some in.

Having a hard time deciding between the Veracity 4-20x50 or the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP to go on a Finnlight 7mm Rem Mag, but having not been able to physically handle the Veracity I can't be sure. And reviews seem to not exist yet online.

Any opinions? I like the tactical turret on the Viper PST, but $100 less for the Veracity and it gets you an extra 4x power. Or any other options you can think of I would consider. I'm looking for 4x at the most for low end power up to 15x-20x for high end power, BDC/MOA reticle w/ exposed tactical MOA turrets.

Thanks

Feenix, I have not looked into all the details of these scopes and what they do or don't come with. This one had Veracity marked on the side of it, the E1 FFP reticle setup in MOA, and the other features that the veracity is supposed to have. It was in the gunshop in Atwood KS if you want to give them a call or go look at it yourself.

Feenix, I have not looked into all the details of these scopes and what they do or don't come with. This one had Veracity marked on the side of it, the E1 FFP reticle setup in MOA, and the other features that the veracity is supposed to have. It was in the gunshop in Atwood KS if you want to give them a call or go look at it yourself.

OK, that makes sense now. lightbulb

Somehow when you said MOA reticle, I took it as mildot ... sorry my bad.:D

Yeah, I should have been more clear. Also, I forgot to mention that after turning the turrets some, I think that most of the time I would be comfortable leaving the elevation turret cap off. If I were to be sliding it in and out of a scabbard I would want the cap on, but for most of what I do I believe I would be just fine leaving the cap off. Seems like they were 15 MOA/revolution, and were marked up to 30 MOA with the numbers 16-30 stacked above the first 15. The numbers were pretty easy to see and read. I really do wish that the turrets had a better feel to them, cause if a person had ear protection it might be a little tougher hearing the clicks. Hopefully it was just an issue with the particular scope I had in hand. It is not a deal killer, just a concern.

Yeah, I should have been more clear. Also, I forgot to mention that after turning the turrets some, I think that most of the time I would be comfortable leaving the elevation turret cap off. If I were to be sliding it in and out of a scabbard I would want the cap on, but for most of what I do I believe I would be just fine leaving the cap off. Seems like they were 15 MOA/revolution, and were marked up to 30 MOA with the numbers 16-30 stacked above the first 15. The numbers were pretty easy to see and read. I really do wish that the turrets had a better feel to them, cause if a person had ear protection it might be a little tougher hearing the clicks. Hopefully it was just an issue with the particular scope I had in hand. It is not a deal killer, just a concern.

Copy that, thanks! I'm just glad they're slowly making it out to the stores.

Logan, I was really hoping that was a spell check error! I am about an hour south of Atwood, in Logan county.

Nice to see someone from nwks on here. 2 of my old roommates I wrestled with at Colby CC live in Oakley.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts