Burris Veracity 4-20x50mm Riflescope w/ Ballistic E1 FFP Reticle

Sorry guys! I finally got the 20 MOA rail earlier this week. Bedded it and made it to the range today.

However, I hit a snag, I only have a total of 30 MOA (+30 only, no - at all) of elevation instead of 70 MOA (+35 and -35 MOA). Windage is OK (40 MOA total). I should have played with the adjustment earlier and that's my bad for trusting it would be within spec. Will be sending it back to Burris for repair/replacement tomorrow. :( :( :(

Hopefully, they'll fix it/replace it and a quick turn around because I really like the clarity of the optics (at least to my old eyes).

Last edited:
...I only have a total of 30 MOA (+30 only, no - at all) of elevation instead of 70 MOA (+35 and -35 MOA). Windage is OK (40 MOA total)...

Ed, Are you sure it isn't just the zero stop limiting elevation in the bullet down direction?

Please keep us posted.

Ed, Are you sure it isn't just the zero stop limiting elevation in the bullet down direction?

Please keep us posted.

Bruce,

Honestly, no I am not sure as the instructions are not clear. There's a sentence of what zero stop does but that's it. If the zero stop system is what's limiting in the down direction or restricting the total 70 MOA, it is not covered. I hope that's all it is and a quick phone call to tech support will resolve it ... and hopefully today. :D

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks!

Ed

ADDED: I think I might have it figured out but I'll wait until I talk to tech support and validate it at the range.

Now I see why and I should keyed in on Justin's post sooner ... :)

Have you played with the zero stop yet?

Last edited:
Let us know what you find out. I wondered if you just had the zero stop set in the middle of the adjustment range, or possibly with the zero stop set you can only dial do many MOA...

I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Please keep us posted.

Let us know what you find out. I wondered if you just had the zero stop set in the middle of the adjustment range, or possibly with the zero stop set you can only dial do many MOA...

I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

After consulting with Cris from Burris tech support, he thinks that is likely the case. I have a better guidance and knowledge of the system now and should find out at the range this weekend.

Thanks!

Ed

I was able to squeeze some range time today and it's definitely operator error on my part in the proper operation of the zero stop system. :D

Once zero (or near) is set, I have just shy of +55 MOA of elevation.

Ammo used: leftover .270 Win handload (150 NBT, 55.5 H4350, WLR, RP brass) before the re-barrel.

0810141014_zps0d74cf43.jpg

Above is a 12-shot series @ 100 yards in my attempt to test the zero repeatability. Each shot is consist of 2 random elevation adjustments (from zero to X elevation and then back to zero) and + and - windage adjustments (from zero to L then back to zero and from zero to R and then back to zero).

This is all I have time to do for today (more to follow). I'm very pleased thus far. What do you guys think?

How do you like the feel of the zero stop? What are your thoughts on the feel of the turrets? Overall glass quality? Thoughts on the reticle?

Now that I have better understanding of the zero stop, I really like it.

I initially gave the edge to the Vortex but it seems to be much more audible/positive click now; perhaps I'm just getting used to it.

My overall impression of the glass quality is superior to Vortex (non HD) esp. to my old eyes is awesome; crisp and clear.

Haven't had the chance to fully explore the reticle's intended design and use but I really like it thus far.

Hope this helps.

Ed

It helped on all of the above. Dollar for dollar I've always felt Burris is the best optical quality for the money but they've been lacking on features for LRH. This scope should hopefully change that.

One last question, did the eye relief seem adequate? My Burris scopes always seemed to have shorter eye relief than Leopold or Vortex.

It helped on all of the above. Dollar for dollar I've always felt Burris is the best optical quality for the money but they've been lacking on features for LRH. This scope should hopefully change that.

One last question, did the eye relief seem adequate? My Burris scopes always seemed to have shorter eye relief than Leopold or Vortex.

I agree on your assessment of Burris optical quality and value. With 20 MOA, I feel that it gives the LRH community another value added choice.

Most of my scopes are Leupold due in part because of their forgiving eye relief (mostly ranging from 3.5" - 4.5") - a critical consideration for me in deciding scope purchases. IMHO, Veracity's 3.5"- 4.25" of eye relief is plenty. All the Vortex (Viper series) that I've looked at has 4" of eye reliefs.

Cheers!

I am interested in one of these scopes in the higher power. Have you got to shoot the scope enough to give us an update on the performance of the scope?

I want the scope for a varmint gun (204 Ruger), mainly prairie dogs. Do you see anything that would be a disadvantage for this purpose?
Thanks,
Byron

Has anyone had a look at one of these in a low light situation? if it's going to be a decent hunting scope it has to do well in the first or last 10 minutes of light.

I am interested in one of these scopes in the higher power. Have you got to shoot the scope enough to give us an update on the performance of the scope?

I want the scope for a varmint gun (204 Ruger), mainly prairie dogs. Do you see anything that would be a disadvantage for this purpose?
Thanks,
Byron

Byron,

Yes, I've shot it enough and am very pleased with it with my intended purpose. IMHO, I see no disavantage as the reticle is actually designed for varminting so it should serve you well.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.