Burris Fullfield IV 4-16x50mm _Anybody have any luck with this scope?

StarvinPilgrim

Anyone else have any good or bad experience with this scope? I have one and I can not get it to focus worth a crap. I was at the range last week and I turned it up to 16 power and tried to focus on a 2'x2' steel plate at 500 yards and no matter where I put the focus and/or the parallax all I could see was a white blob. It's good at 12 power and below but 13-16 is useless. Should I send this back to Burris or is this just as good as it gets?

I realize that there are higher quality scopes out there but until now I have always had great luck with Burris.

Thanks.

Anyone else have any good or bad experience with this scope? I have one and I can not get it to focus worth a crap. I was at the range last week and I turned it up to 16 power and tried to focus on a 2'x2' steel plate at 500 yards and no matter where I put the focus and/or the parallax all I could see was a white blob. It's good at 12 power and below but 13-16 is useless. Should I send this back to Burris or is this just as good as it gets?

I realize that there are higher quality scopes out there but until now I have always had great luck with Burris.

Thanks.
Send it back and afford them the opportunity to fix/replace it.

I'm not really impressed with it
So far me neither, and I'm a big Burris fan.

I'm sending it back to Burris. I cannot get it to focus on anything over 13 at all, really makes it pointless. I replaced it with a Razor 4-22 this morning thanks to Midway Black Friday. If Burris fixes or replaces it I'll try it on another rifle.

The 6-24x50 sux too. The only Chinese made Burris scopes actually worth buying are their Signature HDs when Sportsman's have their special Burris Signature HDs sale. Not worth paying regular prices for though.

Upgrade to Athlon Midas Tac currently on sale at Scopelist and EuroOptic. Hands down they are the best quality most reliable budget Chinese scopes with absolute perfect repeatable tracking that money can possibly buy followed by the Arken EP5 and EPL4.

In fact the Arken EPL4 literally blows the Fullfield IV out of the water.

I'd have Burris exchange it for a new one and just sell it brand new in box and buy an Arken EPL4 or better yet if you don't mind the weight for a far superior scope, the EP5. Their newest ones are super clear it's unbelievable how much night and day clearer their newest scopes are compared to last year's and 2 years ago they must be using far superior glass lately which are incredibly clear even at their maximum magnification now while their older ones were kind of junk when you crank them to their maximum magnification.

Last edited:
Ok don't throw any stones but I have a Burris Six Xe 3-18x56, FFP with a SCR-MIL Recticle. Since I'm in Germany it could be it is made for the European market only. Anyways it's my 1st Burris and the price was right. (My other main hunting optics are a couple of Zeiss and a Bushnell). The Burris is mounted on a Remington 700 .270 Win. and I have only shot with it on the range to zero and for training for my 1st hunt with it. I had good results on a 200 mtr range. I wasn't shooting with higher powers but I'll be on the range again next week and I'll give it a try. I'll be going hunting with it before Christmas I hope, so I'll put to more tests. If I don't come back to this thread with a follow-up... somebody give a holler if you're interested in how it's behaving... 😄

Attachments

• 20230918_145025.jpg
    20230918_145025.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231214_233324.jpg
    20231214_233324.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231011_092929.jpg
    20231011_092929.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Ok don't throw any stones but I have a Burris Six Xe 3-18x56, FFP with a SCR-MIL Recticle. Since I'm in Germany it could be it is made for the European market only. Anyways it's my 1st Burris and the price was right. (My other main hunting optics are a couple of Zeiss and a Bushnell). The Burris is mounted on a Remington 700 .270 Win. and I have only shot with it on the range to zero and for training for my 1st hunt with it. I had good results on a 200 mtr range. I wasn't shooting with higher powers but I'll be on the range again next week and I'll give it a try. I'll be going hunting with it before Christmas I hope, so I'll put to more tests. If I don't come back to this thread with a follow-up... somebody give a holler if you're interested in how it's behaving... 😄
How much does something like that cost over there?

How much does something like that cost over there?
Regularly priced around $1100 with taxes (19%) but I bought mine in a special sale for less than half the price (around $495)... so far I believe it's been a good deal... 😁
Note: The reviews on the Seller's site from others who made the same purchase have been excellent...

Last edited:
I have 4 of the Fullfields that need to go back to the factory.
One adjustment on all of them is super stiff!
Been slowly replacing them with other scopes.
Seems most of them are stiff to adjust. I've always used a slice of bicycle innertube around the scope and a cheap breakaway coaster off amazon for a throw lever to help with that. I actually put one on every scope I have regardless of the brand or model.