VX5HD 4-20x52 - Anybody have any experience with this scope?

You definitely won't regret that purchase! I've ran the 4-24X52 VX6HD for the last year. I took 6 animals from 5 yards to 630 yards. Constantly stretching it out to 1200 during practice and had no tracking issues at all. It's a great scope! But, I did just recently purchase the 7-35X56 SFP ATACR in MOA. Mostly to really compare each companies' high end optic for myself.

You definitely won't regret that purchase! I've ran the 4-24X52 VX6HD for the last year. I took 6 animals from 5 yards to 630 yards. Constantly stretching it out to 1200 during practice and had no tracking issues at all. It's a great scope! But, I did just recently purchase the 7-35X56 SFP ATACR in MOA. Mostly to really compare each companies' high end optic for myself.

I look forward to your comparison.

Dude- the VX6 is a 30mm tube! They aren't "pretty close".

I agree the TT glass is better than the ATACR but it is better than anything Leuplod makes and the Mark V is about as good as it gets with them.
Step back and do a little research before responding. 4-24 VX6 tubes are 34mm. You can have a preference to the MK5 FFP but not inaccurate data on the ones you feel are inferior. BTW, the Mark5 glass is no better than the VX5/6 glass. Different yes, no better. No clearer and no better quality. The bigger tune helps two things, brightness and range of elevation. It does nothing for glass quality.

A bit of personal experience with a VX5 4-20 and a VX3 6.5-20. Both by LEUPOLD.. Side by side looks show There is NO comparison! Both are the same power. That is where the similarity ENDS. VX5 offers CLARITY. Much more important than magnification

VX5/6 are optically equal in the glass category according to Leupold custom shop. Extra bells and whistles with the 6 plus the 6X magnifier.

I have or had VX5HD, VX6HD, MK5. MK5 barely lasted a heartbeat in my armory due to ridiculous limited FOV/Sight picture.

VX5HD & VX6HD only difference is the 6 come with the expensive as hell, but slick Alumina caps.

My favorites are the VX5HD 2-10x42 & 3-15X44. Outrageous clear resolution glass. FOV on the 2-10 is huge. I can use the HTMR reticle on the 3-15 because the sight picture is bright and no distortion at 15x. Eyebox still nice.

These two scopes are all I want for hunting. They are in Warne QD Maxima rings for switching rigs. I only want 2nd focal plane for regular hunting distance to 400yds. FFP is for the long balling stuff when I'm dialed to 18-25x at 1000 + yards. The reticles are too small to use until one is past 15x.

SFP Close experience:
Stalked 100yds in 1/2 hour on sleeping hog. Got to 15yds when it hopped up and bolted. 2x firedot duplex was easy to acquire and smoke him.

FFP Close Experience:

Couldn't track on a running coyote because I couldn't see the daggum reticle and by the time I dialed to see it, couldn't find the critter!

I'm up in the air on a 4-24 VX5HD. Only because at that mag range I'd want a FFP for reticle use.