Bullet jump

Do you have speed data?
Velocity changes are vertical and seating depth is left to right generally. There is about a thousand other things if the gun needs accurizing.
But, I would try 1 powder load and look for velocity swings. Then doing a seating depth test with same weight of powder. Do a primer swap next. Each is it's own test.
It's tough to tell if more than one thing in your reloading is happening like different charge weights, primers etc.
no speed data that day, but will be getting that info soon.. i will be doing one powder load testing soon as well loading them up now.. will get back with ya an let ya know what the results are.. thanks for our help. thanks to all of every one's input.. im still green an learning the ropes..

Interested in others thoughts on this one....

Hear me out... And keep in mind I'm a paint sipping window licker.

1663125291925.png

This thing is a $10 barrel tuner. I know, I know...Hear me out.

Rule out load consistency, know your reloads are consistent round to round. Don't sweat powder or projectiles so much. Don't sweat load or seating depth too much. Just make sure they are as close to identical round to round as possible. Load 30 rounds and follow the instructions. As your barrel oscillates you want your rounds to exit the muzzle at the same time every time. This device can help ensure that by changing/dampening the amount of oscillation. If your groups get more consistent up as you run through the tuning process, you know you have a barrel time issue. If your consistency remains inconsistent it points to a mechanical issue. Bedding, barrel channel, torque, or scope mounting issue. Let the barrel cool and keep an eye out for obvious fliers. If the rounds start to group consistently start with powders, then projectiles, then seating depth.

This thing helped me narrow down what the issue was on two of my rifles. I see it more as a diagnostic tool than something you leave mounted. No one should stalk deer with a butt plug on the end of their barrel. Unless you're a benchrest shooter, then you'll fit right in.

It cost me $10 and helped me understand what my rifles wanted a bit better.

Ah...perhaps human error gave one a ride...?

Did you try the same group another time or two?
Can you get some H1000? Good medicine for that bullet, although I went to Berger 140 vld's they like my rifle even more. I have scaled five boxes of that bullet and they range in weight from 142.8 to 143.5. You may need to scale your bullets and group them by bullet weight. You could be surprised.

Attachments

• 6380D210-2240-4E27-82B5-45413CCBF4F6.jpeg
    6380D210-2240-4E27-82B5-45413CCBF4F6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • E695458B-4733-42D9-B956-43BB6A48A8C6.jpeg
    E695458B-4733-42D9-B956-43BB6A48A8C6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
If it isn't you and the rifle is sorted out I would change seating depth drastically. I would go shorter by 20 or 30 thousandths steps back to 120 thousandths jump. Somewhere in there they will tighten up.
This is good advise. Every eldX I have loaded in three different rifles. Really tightened up around .030 off the lands. Not exactly that but close. Just my experience

Up date. I took the advice of a fellow reloader here in town. Stuck with the 143gr eld-x and 68grs of us869 powder.
Keep in mind when started this i knew i was 3" high @100 yards i wanted 0 at 100 yards i wasn't think straight an went the wrong way an move it up.. 2nd shot is now 7.5" high an as you can see making the move in the right direction..
After 4 shot i let the barle cool off.
15 min later i put 5,6,7,8 on paper making adjustments inbetween each shot im still thinkg it could go another 1/4" left. But all in all im happy with the out come. Im about 1/4" to 1/2 apart on shot 5,6,7,8 thanks for all in input an advice.

Attachments

• 20221001_135820.jpg
    20221001_135820.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 25