Bullet failures

I'm definitely not trying to hijack this thread, but I made a few posts a whole back regarding bullet construction and considerations like you're talking about. Maybe you'd be interested in them. I'll post the links to three of them:

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/selecting-a-hunting-bullet.283902/

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bullet-construction.283735/

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/berger-hybrid-vs-berger-vld.283905/
thanks for the links i will look at them.
Alos thanks for the civil and interesting back and forth it is a lot nicer than all the bomb throwing we have seen in other treads lately

It happens. The higher the velocity the less time it has to open up in the animal, especially if all it touches is soft tissue. If the projectile doesn't touch a rib or shoulder and just hits soft tissue at high velocity the likelihood of a mono opening up at close range is not good. You'll see when guys say they had a bullet pencil through a animal it's either extremely close or extremely far away. When far away the bullet may not have enough velocity to make it function properly. Every projectile has a optimum speed range at which it functions at.
Im sorry but I cant buy that. Ive killed dozens of deer with barnes ttsx and tsx at 50-100 yds at speeds 3300-3500 fps and NEVER a failure. Judging by the post mortems, the bullets were open within 2" of penetration as both lungs looked like a blender blade spun thru there.

Im sorry but I cant buy that. Ive killed dozens of deer with barnes ttsx and tsx at 50-100 yds at speeds 3300-3500 fps and NEVER a failure. Judging by the post mortems, the bullets were open within 2" of penetration as both lungs looked like a blender blade spun thru there.
Ok awesome.

I wondering if the petals came off quickly and then the shank penciled through.

NBTs are excellent bullet-on deer size game and smaller. I remember my first antelope harvest when I moved to Montana. I shot a fawn (fawn/doe tag) at <100Y with 180 NBT out of my .300 WM, and the fawn just stood there. I chambered a round for a second shot when my son said, "that's OK, Dad, it is not necessary." The fawn's legs locked and slowly dropped. The entry and exit are pencil-sized, but the internal organs are souped-up.
That's probably reflective of about 90-95% of my results with them when I didn't hit bone.

It was the 5-10% of failures that really turned my stomach and turned me off of them.

So, after all the threads lately about bullets and how one is better than the other etc etc etc...

Has anyone truly had a "bullet failure" on a game animal? Where you for 100% certainty, can say you made proper shot placement and the bullet actually failed at killing the animal humanely?

Do any of these new bullets actually "kill" better than a Cor-lokt? Partition? Game King? TSX?

Have hunters been losing animals for a hundred years by using soft point lead core bullets?
ALL bullets have a working velocity range that they work well in. This window is narrower for some than it is for others but it exists for every single one of them. If the impact velocity is outside this range performance degrades and actual failures not only can occur but should be considered more common the further from that range the impact is. Only if you are properly armed with this knowledge can you begin to understand what is happening when you start tracing through bullet wounds and try and make sense of them.

Ya know sometimes you can have all the right equipment do all the right things and Murphy still shows up and kicks your ----