build help

snox801

Alright I know there is a section for this but I am not getting many answers their. So here it is. I have tried almost every slug gun out there. I found the best one so far is my HR slughunter. So here it is, is there anything you guys can think of to make this gun even better. I was thinking crown, or maybe a new longer barrel? Anything you guys could come up with that may work? I am just trying to build the ultimate long range slug gun. Thank you in advance.

I would think a rebarrel would be a good plan. The problem is the quality of slug ammo out there and its consistency. I know the Savage 220 is getting excellent reviews.

Alright I know there is a section for this but I am not getting many answers their. So here it is. I have tried almost every slug gun out there. I found the best one so far is my HR slughunter. So here it is, is there anything you guys can think of to make this gun even better. I was thinking crown, or maybe a new longer barrel? Anything you guys could come up with that may work? I am just trying to build the ultimate long range slug gun. Thank you in advance.

Liltank has given you his typical superb advise suggesting a re-barrel. Accuracy with OTC ammo is also a limiting factor (i don't know much about re-loading this type of ammo anyway...).

I just noticed you're from Spring Lake, MI - i *love* the Tri-Cities!!! We're sorta from that area, but now living in Colorado Springs. I'm missing the snow, nice temps and the lake shore. Enjoy!!!!

You can tune yours a little but if it works stick with it. A longer barrel is not needed with the fast powder and slow MV you want that thing out out of the barrel as soon as possible:) Ammo is not a problem just expensive Lightfield ISD's

Your HR is as good as it gets, lock up is the accuracy killer with slug guns ie. pumps and autos, if the barrel isn't fitted the joint flexes and accuracy suffers.

Bolts are best and as long as the HR is locking up tight it will be fine.

If you get the urge to spend a lot on a slug gun take a look at Tar Hunt they are as good as it gets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts