Build around a 6.5mm Barrel for a GREAT Hunting Rifle.

Just responding to the answers posted. I am looking at what someone would want in a 6.5mm for THEIR hunting rifle you can have a SA or LA.
These 6.5 are almost the same
6.5X284
6.5X06
6.5X280
6.5 PRC
Then you can go with the steady .260 Rem category
6.5X55
6.5CM

OR bump up to the MAGUMAN 6.5s

A lot of choices and different personal preferences.
The Bartlein #4 Barrel I have is close to 4.5 Lbs @24", could put a Curtis or Defiance Action, McMillan Adjustable Stock. If I wanted to light weight would use a different barrel "2B" @ 22" with a Bell Carlson.
I think the having a little heavier barrel and length, be able to shoot up to 156gr bullets, good, fitted stock would be better suited for longer range shots.
Jill and I have feather lights from .243 B&C stock, to Kimber Montana 270WSM. Great for carrying around all day. I personally feel more comfortable with a heavier rifle shooting past 3-400 yards.
Personally, we have our Gun Bearers carry our stuff so not too worried about weight. :)
A couple others I have either had or planned to have built.
The 6.5 rem mag, which really isn't a magnum, even though it has a belt. I had one on a long action to be able to take advantage of room in the magazine, it worked well.
A 6.5/30WSM, I had dies and planned a build, would be a great short action build.
6.5x257, I killed my first buck 56 years ago with one and have had several since, My Dad killed several elk and with that rifle and countless blacktail.
There is also the 256 Newton, mine is now a 6.5/06.
Also, the 263 Sabre was popular here in the NW 30 years ago, simply a 6.5/06 improved with a 35 degree shoulder.
So many choices, so little time.