Buddy's 10 yr old's first deer

KyCarl

LRH Team Member
That's a dandy! Well Done! I use a 25-06 which isn't much more. I took a ton of crap when I showed up at camp with it. "Oh You brought Linda's rifle"
They all shoot .30's but the teasing soon stopped!

Waynzee

That's a buck I'd be proud of too and even prouder if I took it with a 243. Good on you.

FlGunner

Nothing wrong with the 243... And it don't take a lot to kill deer. I've shot em in the South, mid West, Montana and they die the same. I use a 7mm Rem mags mostly when I go to where I can shoot at longer ranges but at home I got a Remington 7600 30-06 I use. Most guys I hunt with at home carry a 243 or a 270. My brother has shot a 243 most his life and takes it everywhere he hunts whitetails and never shots twice.

valleysnyper

Ok hpws $300 for all or $175 for the 3 loaded boxes and I'll give ypu the other half shot box with it. Seems like dirty pool that Nosler got everybody all hyped on this ctg then stopped making ammo for it. Seems like a money making game to me. 7mm stw is the same game.

slas

I bought a Rem Model 7 243 for when my son comes of age. Been hunting locally with it for a few years now and love that surprisingly accurate little thing. Amazing how well a simple 85 gr Sierra Game King puts em down. We're usually within 300 yards.

valleysnyper

I agree you don't need those big Boomers for deer I shot a hundred grain bullet out of my 240 Weatherby at a five and a half year old Buck last year and he died in 20 feet

cheechin

look at the smile on his face Lols, all the girls are in for it. congrats to a young hunter.

Monttrap04

Great buck.

I have nothing but respect for those little .243" pills when it is time to kill deer.

Trending threads