Buddy's 10 yr old's first deer

valleysnyper

My buddy from our Wisconsin hunting group shot his first deer during our yputh hunt last weekend. Who new a little 243 cpuld kill a big deer. We all use 7mags and 300's. Food for thought
IMG_20181009_170246_01.jpg

That's a dandy! Well Done! I use a 25-06 which isn't much more. I took a ton of crap when I showed up at camp with it. "Oh You brought Linda's rifle"
They all shoot .30's but the teasing soon stopped!

That's a buck I'd be proud of too and even prouder if I took it with a 243. Good on you.

Nothing wrong with the 243... And it don't take a lot to kill deer. I've shot em in the South, mid West, Montana and they die the same. I use a 7mm Rem mags mostly when I go to where I can shoot at longer ranges but at home I got a Remington 7600 30-06 I use. Most guys I hunt with at home carry a 243 or a 270. My brother has shot a 243 most his life and takes it everywhere he hunts whitetails and never shots twice.

Ok hpws $300 for all or $175 for the 3 loaded boxes and I'll give ypu the other half shot box with it. Seems like dirty pool that Nosler got everybody all hyped on this ctg then stopped making ammo for it. Seems like a money making game to me. 7mm stw is the same game.

I bought a Rem Model 7 243 for when my son comes of age. Been hunting locally with it for a few years now and love that surprisingly accurate little thing. Amazing how well a simple 85 gr Sierra Game King puts em down. We're usually within 300 yards.

look at the smile on his face Lols, all the girls are in for it. congrats to a young hunter.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts