buck@756(those 270's really can work!)

goodgrouper

buck@756(those 270\'s really can work!)

This is a pic of 7mmrhb's buck that he shot this season with his trusty old "O'Connor" special and the 140 grain Nosler Accubond. Perhaps this white-tipped beauty has given new power to Jack's "small-by-today's-standards" beloved cartridge. I say that because that bullet absolutely tore this buck apart and kept on going. A one shot kill that caused massive internal damage. I was very impressed.

Nice job 7mmrhb! Way to reach out and touch 'em! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
rolandsbuck.jpg

Re: buck@756(those 270\'s really can work!)

Very nice shot on a very nice buck.
Look at all that white stuff!
Glad I cleared the continenetal divide when I did. I am walking around bare foot outdoors here.

Congratulations! Great looking buck, and a real nice shot.

Looks like fall is over down there 'eh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack would be proud of ya!!!

The ol' 270 Win ain't to shabby no matter which way you look at it......

Proud of ya Mr. 7mmrhb! Ya done good again.

Seems like you guys always have a piece of paper to write on. That's what I call confidence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks 64

It probably won't make the wall but the memory of this hunt will be a long lasting one for sure !!! ---RHB

Thanks Buff Bob,

The snow was great ! I love to hunt the new snow but I don't like to camp in it. Fortunately I could see my house from where I shot the deer. I definately don't have the guts to pull off what you did this month !!!---RHB

Slope

Thanks

Fall , fell and stacked up a few feet deep . It was tough going for a long ways. I had a ton of fun!! ---RHB

Thanks Lite Tac.

your looking at the same mountains as me so you know what the conditions were like. A couple of pretty good storms!!!
---RHB

Thanks Mr. Roy.

The old 270 is a 43 year old Parker Hale that my older brother bought new. It's an eye opener to see what a good load and a target turret will do for an old war horse like this. My son used it a couple of days earlier to take a nice buck at 712 yds. One shot ( high shoulder) and he went down like he had a truck dropped on him. The A.Bs. are great.

G.G. can produce something to write yardage on at any time!!! Even if he has to pound Papyrus out of Quakie bark .

---RHB

Thanks Mountainsheep

It took me a few days to get it done but t'was a good hunt.---RHB

Thanks Grouper!!!

I appreciate you for posting the pics.

I couldn't have done this hunt without you and your dad working your guts out last night,pulling him uphill for a half mile or so to the four wheelers !!! It would be hard to find any better friends!!!! The old 270 is probably through as my carry gun now that my new gun is coming together. Kirby did his part so I could have it for this years hunt but I wasn't able to do my part , so out came old reliable. No regrets as it shot very well. ---RHB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.