buck@756(those 270's really can work!)

Re: buck@756(those 270\'s really can work!)

7MM, nice Buck, nice shot, nice snow, nice freinds you have!
that looks like a nice steep hill your on also.
One more nice thing! it must be nice to hunt out of back door! way to go with the 270, nice hunt (ok! that was 2 more nices)

Don't mention it. It was a pleasure.

Boy are those bucks sure going to be in trouble next year when that 7mm wildcat gets pointed their way! Should have no trouble doubling the yardage on that sign!

Thanks Roy.

You're right about the steep part. My Bushnell Elite ARC was reading 40* angle !!

Great friends is an under statement. I get to hang out with a great bunch of guys!!!

Hunting that close to home yet being in some beautiful rugged country is surely a plus. The mountain I was on goes up to about 10,000 to 11,000 ft. I was hunting at around 8,000'. The snow in the draws was above my waist and was like quicksand. I had to cross a ridge and two draws to get to the buck after the shot. also about a 1,000' of elevation. After the guts were yanked I had a 1,000yd drag down to where the pics were taken. Tons of fun but one tired old man!!!---RHB

I hope you're right about the new stick.the two bucks I went after were at 1,380yds @ 24* angle when I spotted them. That way I would have shot the bigger buck (maybe) that disapeared by the time I worked close enough for the old 270 win. to be effective. It was just an easy Thunder shot away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Remmy

I think 800yds would be legit. the 140 AB starting out at 3074 fps ,is still packing 2000 fps and 1200 ft-lbs at 800yds,at the elevation I was hunting. I think thats plenty when the bullet performs so well!!---RHB

RHB,
That is awesome,wish I could have been there for the shot or to help drag it out. most of all I missed the celebratory spinach salad afterward /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
UB

[ QUOTE ]
. most of all I missed the celebratory spinach salad afterward

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he said he was going to go fix up some celebratory gruel instead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks Uncle B. I wish you could have been there too. You just put in too many hours on the job to be messing around with me on the mountain.

G.G was right . I skipped the salad and went right for the HOT gruel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was worn out.----RHB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.