Brownings new X Bolt Eclipse Target-------

Thought I might bump this up and see if anybody has anything new to add. Thanks

Just picked up eclipse target 6.5 creedmoor last weekend. Scoped it with Vortex Viper PST 6-24 X 50 EBR-1moa. Purchased hornady 120g amax to sight in. So far so good. I hope to workup a load with superformance powder and sierra 120g match bthp. Not sure where to start with powder.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 131
Id like to revive this thread. I have been looking for review on this rifle as I want one pretty bad. How is the X-Bolt Target performing for everyone now some rounds have been put down the pipe? Can we get some details please on loads and factory ammo? Im curious how the Prime 130's and Hornady 140's perform especially.. Screenshots?

I second the request for feedback from Eclipse Target shooters on long term satisfaction with their rifles. I've been debating between a custom rifle for Long Range target shooting or getting in with one of these Brownings or a Ruger Target model in 6.5 creedmoor.

I second the request for feedback from Eclipse Target shooters on long term satisfaction with their rifles. I've been debating between a custom rifle for Long Range target shooting or getting in with one of these Brownings or a Ruger Target model in 6.5 creedmoor.

Out of those 2 definitely the Browning. Its been my experience that brownings are great shooters. Ive loaded for 3 of them and all shot atleast .5 with my personal x-bolt in 7mm RM shooting in the .3-.4 range with the 162 a-max. Id stay away from Rugers.... Another choice to consider would be a Savage Lrp. Those shoot amazing from what i hear. Of course though if you can build a custom definitely do so. Im working on a custom 6.5 creed myself.

From my experience with a Browning X bolt Composite Stalker in the 6.5 Creedmoor, if you hand load you should be able to get 1/4 inch groups @ 100 yards at least. I use R17 powder, Hornady brass, Hornady 123gr SST bullet and CCI 200 L.R. primer.

Any word or update on how you like this rifle. I'm considering getting one for some long range target fun.

Please update!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.