Browning Jam-o-matic

Shell selection is a good point but it should shoot all duck hunting loads as they are usually anywhere for 1-1/8 to 1-3/4. That is not the case with the browning golds I have used. It jams with everything. My Extrema on the other hand will shoot the cheap 7/8oz walmart loads as fast as you can pull the trigger!

One problem I had with heavyshot 3-1/2" load was it was too long for the ejection port.

This is what I was referring to about the special purpose built shotguns and the modified 3''
shotguns that will /should handel the 31/2 " shells . there are a lot of 3" shotguns that have
been modified to use 31/2 " shells by allowing the bolt to move farther back for ejection
but the ejection port was not opened up because the reciever was a 3" and It would weaken
it to much.

If you compare the receivers of a 31/2 to a 3" on most shotguns will be the same length
and size with the bolt stop shortened on the 31/2".

You might have to use 3" shells only .

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.