O-Rings for 1100

I use a silicone oil on all O-rings I have replaced. Petroleum products, like gun oil, will destroy the rubber they are made of. You can also use a light coating of silicone grease, very light, and make sure there's no excess.
I have seen more pellet rifles destroyed by owners using gun oil to lubricate the charging cylinder and destroying the O-rings inside. Petroleum products ruin rubber.

I use a silicone oil on all O-rings I have replaced. Petroleum products, like gun oil, will destroy the rubber they are made of. You can also use a light coating of silicone grease, very light, and make sure there's no excess.
I have seen more pellet rifles destroyed by owners using gun oil to lubricate the charging cylinder and destroying the O-rings inside. Petroleum products ruin rubber.
When I used to rebuild scuba regulators I always used Silicon grease on buna rubber. I always used Halocarbon grease on Viton o rings, (100% pure O2). I've read that you should not use silicon grease on silicon o rings. I retired from technical diving & I have stopped worrying about dino oil on o rings - when my 1100's first o rings lasted 40 years & my bike's engine uses o rings inside of instead of gaskets.

Get the Teflon coated or graphite coated rings, not plain rubber.
Don't grease or oil them, that will cause them to degrade.

But - check your gas port first, to be sure it is clear, you may not need the ring replacement.

I am totally lost when it comes to shotguns. A friend told me to replace the O-rings in my 1100 that I bought used in the late 90s. I checked the errornet I found some kits.

Question. Are the kits my best option or are there specialty O-rings that are better suited than the OEM material for the application?

TIA
We have an 1100 12 Mag bought in 1984. Still have not changed the O ring, but have a package of new ones that we bought 20 years ago. Might have to check them all out again. Mainly use our Beneli M1 Field 20 GA.
Makes me think havent shot the 1100 in a LOOOONG time.

Bought my 1100 in 1964, never changed the o ring yet. Piston and ring are looking a bit scruffy now but it cycles everything from 25g loads up to minimags in the 2 3/4" barrel and most shells in the 3" barrel. I just haven't tried light loads there.
Apart from the time the firing pin snapped it's been the most reliable repeating gun I own.

When I used to rebuild scuba regulators I always used Silicon grease on buna rubber. I always used Halocarbon grease on Viton o rings, (100% pure O2). I've read that you should not use silicon grease on silicon o rings. I retired from technical diving & I have stopped worrying about dino oil on o rings - when my 1100's first o rings lasted 40 years & my bike's engine uses o rings inside of instead of gaskets.
From my research, silicone O-rings don't need to be lubricated. This is the major benefit of using them as well as high heat areas. If you know something different, please let me know, OK?

I hope I got the correct O Rings. Graphite coated

Attachments

• 20220603_132328.jpg
    20220603_132328.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220603_132322.jpg
    20220603_132322.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
Could
From my research, silicone O-rings don't need to be lubricated. This is the major benefit of using them as well as high heat areas. If you know something different, please let me know, OK?
Could be. As some have mentioned the graphite powder coated o rings may be the best. I have some but I'm just keeping them until......needed.
Irregardless of what we prefer dirt & soot seem to be bigger culprits than heat, (again, JMO). Cheap shells that DO shoot great really dirty-up my shotguns far worse, (along with one major manufacturer - surprisingly). Whatever you use, the 1100's are great IMO. I believe my V3 is actually more sensitive to dirt than my ancient 1100. I come to know that my Savage Renegauge will digest anything & just keep going.

We have an 1100 12 Mag bought in 1984. Still have not changed the O ring, but have a package of new ones that we bought 20 years ago. Might have to check them all out again. Mainly use our Beneli M1 Field 20 GA.
Makes me think havent shot the 1100 in a LOOOONG time.
Leave 'em in! I wish I had. Mine were 40 years old & still worked.