Remington 1100 20 Gauge Mag

SES50

I know this is not LRH related but I hope that some of the gun experts on this list can help me out. I have a "N" Serial Remington 1100 20 Gauge Mag. This is a pre-1977 shotgun. I would like to shoot 2 3/4" non mag shells which means I need a non-mag barrel with two gas port holes instead of the one gas port hole in the mag barrel. The problem is I can not find a vendor that makes pre-1977 barrels and I have not been able to find a used one.

Can anyone here help me out with ideas on where I can find a new or used barrel for this shotgun?

Thanks
SES50

I have the same kind of 1100 20 Ga . .I have been looking for an Replacement Barrel . Used is the only ones out there . I would take the 1100 to an Gunsmith around where you live. He can lok at the Port holes you are asking about .

That would be the safe way to do things

Redbone

So I did more work on this today. I called remington and they explained a couple of things. First of all that there are two recievers, a large and small version. Second the difference between the magnum and the standard is one gas port for the magnum and two gas ports for the standard. So, a pre-1977 standard 20 gauge barrel will fit on a pre-1977 magnum 20 gauge frame.

They gave me a couple of contacts and one of them had just gotten in a 26" 20 gauge barrel with a vented rib and improved cylinder, new in the box. So for $352 including shipping I am now the proud owner. Man, I have other shotguns that cost as much as that barrel. Oh well.

SES50

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.